The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Wild trade Jordan Greenway to Sabres for 2023 2nd-round pick, 2025 5th-round pick

Just now, RWJC said:

Never really thought Greenway would fetch as high as a 2nd. But surprised by that

Greenway and Granato are really close - Greenway apparently calls him his mentor.  When he's involved he can be really impactful - problem is motivation and inconsistency.  They must think Granato can keep him motivated.

• Cheers 1

I wonder if this is the player we didn’t want coming back in a deal for one of our bigger names.

We can even take Dumba back as he is expiring if they need to make the money work on their end.

Lambos would be a nice return 

Edited by Provost

9 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think Jake Middleton is coming back for Boeser. 

That would force them to replace 2x top-4 Ds after losing Dumba too.  Middleton is playing top-pairing with Spurgeon. Can't see them investing then on wing when they have holes all over their D-corps.  They have winger options.  

1 minute ago, mll said:

That would force them to replace 2x top-4 Ds after losing Dumba too.  Middleton is playing top-pairing with Spurgeon. Can't see them investing then on wing when they have holes all over their D-corps.  They have winger options.  

I want it.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I want it.

He's a 3rd pairing D.  Erik Karlsson in SJS & Spurgeon in Minnesota the reason he plays that high in the lineup but as stand alone he's probably not a top-4.  

17 minutes ago, Provost said:

I wonder if this is the player we didn’t want coming back in a deal for one of our bigger names.

We can even take Dumba back as he is expiring if they need to make the money work on their end.

Lambos would be a nice return 

Minnesota has still over 10M in deadline cap space.  They don't even have to remove Dumba if they want Boeser.  

Every report out of Minnesota is that they can't make the cap work next season even at 50% retained.  Greenway traded so they could re-sign their own players in the off-season.