The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Is it just me or is Boeser playing well these last few game?

When the games dont matter, he turns it up for a few.  Typical.   He will run out of gas again soon.

Hoping he racks up some points so we can find a sucker to trade for him in summer

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, EddieVedder said:

When the games dont matter, he turns it up for a few.  Typical.   He will run out of gas again soon.

Hoping he racks up some points so we can find a sucker to trade for him in summer

I get what your saying, but it kind of negative

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Boeser is showing his playmaking abilities... which have always been under-rated.

His formerly killer wrist shot is still lost somewhere in the dark dungeon of his own mind, but he is making nice passes.

He really needs to get a positivity coach and also to work on the wrist shot with intensity... at some point muscle memory will overcome his mental hangup.

He is still capable of making nice tips and tap ins... but if he could somehow get confidence in his shooting abilities back, he would be a really effective player.

He IS slow... no question, but he is smart in how his positions himself which makes up for that deficit to a certain extent.

And he is a big boy... he is solid on his feet along the boards and can be an effective puck cycler because his passes are usually smart ones... he doesn't over pressure his passes... if he doesn't have an outlet, he puts it back to the point or to a safe player.

I still think Canucks would be best to trade him if they can get defensive assets in return... but he should not be dumped for nothing.

You've got Boeser nailed except for the shot.  He's had his wrist slashed one too many times.  Between that and the cracked vertebrae when Clusterflux knocked him into an open door to the bench in his rookie year, he just ain't what he was, nor will he ever be.  This doesn't mean he can't be a 30 goal man if he's lucky.

5 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Love it when the Laffs get the crap kicked out of them on HNIC, especially when it's the Canucks whom the east just love to rag on.

These are the real Leafs.  When you turn up the physicality, they wilt like a spent worm.  Only the first was physical but that was enough.  I love beating the Leaves.  Don't care about the tank for 1 game only.  Tank is on for next game.:bigblush:

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

These are the real Leafs.  When you turn up the physicality, they wilt like a spent worm.  Only the first was physical but that was enough.  I love beating the Leaves.  Don't care about the tank for 1 game only.  Tank is on for next game.:bigblush:

Sadly all other tank teams lost today. STL might be overtaking us soon in the lotto

7 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I can't stop watching it.

Still don't think it was quite as good as the Duncan Keith hit, but maybe that's because I don't hate Tavares as much

Tavares is awesome.

But i loved that Myers hit.  The best part was that myers literally knocked mccabe upside down LOL

• Cheers 3