The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

When Schenn set the tone first with his hit, Myers basically said " hold my beer"

Myers played like that consistently early with us but the refs neutered him by calling a penalty every time he made a hit.

Hes much more effective when he’s physically engaged.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm all aboard team tank but this win felt special.  Watching those two Shorty's live was fun.

Look forward to seeing what this team can do after major surgery is over.  Prepared for us to suck into the future but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Trading Hronek for Bo may be the shakeup we need.

Think if we can find a few gem defenders and maybe clear some bad cap and we could be a playoff team next year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Tanks a lot 2

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Myers played like that consistently early with us but the refs neutered him by calling a penalty every time he made a hit.

Hes much more effective when he’s physically engaged.

That's the Myers we need but must be difficult to do consistently if penalties are always called. 

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

WOW !

it would be absolutely incredible if we won the lottery .     

My expectations are low , and usually more realistic drafting..      I’d rather be pleasantly surprised about draft picks,  and how they work out.

This draft seems deep though,  but I doubt if we get anyone we’re willing to have with the big club for 2 seasons.

( always happier to be wrong in this case )

Bedard would be a Cherry.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I love that

But can we moth ball Demko to training camp 

I'd hate for him to get hurt before the real season starts anew. 

Mind you Hairy,   Positive play and production right now will keep all of these. guys Jealous of the play off season ,  and banding together in groups to train far ahead of schedule through the Summer.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Why some people can’t understand this is beyond me. We already have our core. We just need to surround them with more talent. Rebuilding teams don’t have a core. 

I agree.

This kind of reminds me of when Gillis took over for Nonis. most of the core was there but the supporting cast needed surgery 

• Cheers 3