The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday March 11 2023 - Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators - 7pm PT/10pm ET - Vancouver

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

3 hours ago, sassbs said:

I’ve given up on team tank.   Never fails year after year they play lights out hockey and gain absolutely meaningless points in the standing.  

I don’t care anymore 

Over It I Give Up GIF

Yup like drunk guy waking up at the end of the party, coming out swinging. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sounds like the game will be worth watching then. Kind of sucks to watch a Canucks game hoping for a loss, wasting 3 hours of ones life. I've done this, it doesn't feel good. I'd rather see Canucks goals and celebration, and wins. 

As for the Draft, unless the Canucks get lucky, they won't get Bedard or be in the Top 3. They aren't bad enough to tank. They're actually becoming a pretty good team right now and will get even better with Hronek and Bear returning. I'm excited for next year. Just going to enjoy any Canucks positivity I can get until then. I find it's much easier to assume VAN is picking #12-15. Anything better than that is gravy.

Good outlook  

I'm resigned to the fact that we will pick 10th or 11th overall when all is said and done.  I've also chosen to look at it as a positive as it will mean that we'll have a chance to draft the 2nd or 3rd best d-man in this draft class.  

2 hours ago, Muttley said:

Brock Boeser is under the microscope and rightfully so. He's gotta pull it together for his sake, for his team's sake and for his new team's sake. Sorry, got ahead of myself.

I'm hoping that Brock keeps on piling up some points and we can trade him this summer.  

I'd even be fine with retaining 2 million on him just so that we can get a 2nd round pick back in this draft.  Fastest way to get our cap in order and get a solid pick back.  

There should be a really good team that gets knocked out in the first round because they have trouble scoring.  That would be a prime candidate to trade for Brock. 

14 minutes ago, Mbnuckfan said:

Flew in from Winnipeg for the weekend to watch this one. My wife and I have travelled extensively to watch Canucks games but this will the last one for a while. Wife has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma so we decided to have this weekend away to relax before the intense treatments start. 

*****GO CANUCKS GO*****

All the best to your Mrs. Enjoy the game, hope you both have a blast. 

• Cheers 1

I'm all for tanking but it is fun watching them win again. We've blown a top-5 pick for a 9-10th overall pick but we're getting some enjoyment and hopefully team bonding out of it. Anaheim is doing the same but their stakes are much higher.

The Sens look decent all around now, this won't be easy but Demko in net will win this for us. 3-2 Canucks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mbnuckfan said:

Flew in from Winnipeg for the weekend to watch this one. My wife and I have travelled extensively to watch Canucks games but this will the last one for a while. Wife has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma so we decided to have this weekend away to relax before the intense treatments start. 

*****GO CANUCKS GO*****

Way to step up for your lady.

I totally feel and understand what you are going through. Give 'er every day as much as possible. This life is short and precious. Good luck and keep the faith.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I posted this in another thread, but I though I’d share it here as well…

It’s really too bad there was some pre-judgement from some re: Tochett. Some even unfairly hash! I think he’s been great so far on multiple levels and I think he will be great for the team moving forward. I wish him luck, because if he succeeds, the team succeeds, simple as that. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

REFEREES

Graham Skilliter #24
GS24.jpg?resize=120,120
Michael Markovic #31
2021_MM31.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Last Game    
Games ’22-23 59 58
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 72 / 8 57 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 647 / 8 156 / 0
First NHL Game 1/28/13 3/7/19