The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

29 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Canucks are now 7-2-1 since the tank emoji was introduced.

I guess the oddsmakers haven't learned to take this into account.  How the hell was Ottawa favored for this game?

Sens sure had their share of stupid pills today.  They played like our boys did a couple months ago.

• Tanks a lot 2

1 minute ago, Kragar said:

I guess the oddsmakers haven't learned to take this into account.  How the hell was Ottawa favored for this game?

Sens sure had their share of stupid pills today.  They played like our boys did a couple months ago.

Odd makers aren't superhuman, most of them rely on outdated techniques, sports betting is the wild west right in modern era.

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Myers .

Again an unsung hero ..   it’s not easy playing hard shutdown, and frustrating big power forwards .

On Kuzmenko first goal, Tkachuk went for the puck along the boards, looked up and saw Myers about to flatten him and bailed, Myers kicked the puck to Miller and found Kuzmenko for the dangly sauce

Some former captain mentioned earlier did the same thing.... hhhhmmm..

• Like 1
  • elephant 1

1 minute ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

Odd makers aren't superhuman, most of them rely on outdated techniques, sports betting is the wild west right in modern era.

I guess so, but I would think their job has a fairly low tolerance for screwups. 

Just hard to imagine a team that is questionable on the road playing a team that is fairly hot lately and has figured out some semblance of defensive play would be favored like that.  oh well, it was fun to see Brady get huffy.

7 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Maaaan, I can’t believe people weren’t at the very least excited by the type of rugged character our coaches have.  Their style of play and how that will affect how they coach, is something totally imperatively relevant to finally having a real team identity.
I think it’s underrated how influential their respective careers will be in and part of the abstract and relationship and respect given between player and coach. They already walked the talk so it’s fair to demand it of the team. Really excited to see this translate. It will have a shelf life, but the next few years could be awesome for the fanbase, imho.

I said the same thing ... the end of last season :frantic:

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

As much as I like wins, even I’m starting to get a little annoyed! Take it down a notch boys!

I honestly assumed with the roster they have here to close out the season that they would naturally play about .500 the rest of the year but Tocchet has them playing smart hockey. Bodes well for next season at least. 

As an aside, I’m surprised how little I miss having Horvat on the team. Like, not at all. 

Maybe this is just foolish optimism, but perhaps maybe the team isn't as bad as the first half of the season led us to believe and it just needed a healthy Demko and the right coach to pull it together? It's just difficult not to put my guard up because this exact scenario played out at the end of last season as well. 

If I think about it like "We're a decent team that had an awful first half and we're going to get a pick in the top 12 of the draft because our our bad start"  instead of "We're an awful team that started flukily winning games at the worst possible time which cost us a high draft position", I start to feel a bit better about the current situation. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

40 minutes ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Can't wait for a full training camp and next season.  We look like a totally different team now.  Once all the pieces are in place, we'll be good.

It's so funny how we have heard this the last three years. People just forget I guess or are just easy to please and forgive. Sometimes some of these fans in this fanbase just never learn.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Maybe this is just foolish optimism, but perhaps maybe the team isn't as bad as the first half of the season led us to believe and it just needed a healthy Demko and the right coach to pull it together? It's just difficult not to put my guard up because this exact scenario played out at the end of last season as well. 

If I think about it like "We're a decent team that had an awful first half and we're going to get a pick in the top 12 of the draft because our our bad start"  instead of "We're an awful team that started flukily winning games at the worst possible time which cost us a high draft position", I start to feel a bit better about the current situation. 

Head In Hands GIF by Australian Survivor