The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 14, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

‘Deserve’ has nothing to do with it or anything

It is what it is. 

ok, I have to admit you are right. bottom line is no matter how good a team is, how much talent and goal scoring there is, how much defense or goaltending ability is there, Referees can still tilt the games and f**k a team over.

who do we gotta pay? is it bettrman?

• There it is 1

24 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Started drunk like me. Then sobered up in the middle of the post, then took another sip and rekt posted at the end. 

Luv you. 

Idk man. We’re watching McDavid and Matthews prime slip away… one shooter tutor after another. I’d rather be a contender every year and have better odds of eventually winning and continuing to win, than having a few exciting years with a bunch of pathetic playoff runs that go nowhere

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

ok, I have to admit you are right. bottom line is no matter how good a team is, how much talent and goal scoring there is, how much defense or goaltending ability is there, Referees can still tilt the games and f**k a team over.

who do we gotta pay? is it bettrman?

Or, you gotta beat the opposition and the Refs. 

That’s what being a ‘Champ’ means.

Don’t look for handouts or mercy rule if you want to be the best of the best. 

You can ‘earn’ a Cup, or you can grab it by the ponytails and just thrust yourself into it. 

(That goes for all genders. In now way am I suggesting that men can’t have ponytails and can’t be dominated by men. I actually prefer the latter, minus the ponytails. I’m any case, love and respect all men and women equally and love our LGBTQ+ members as well. Did I get enough +‘s?, even if I didn’t you people of all orientations know I’m here for ya!) 

So ya. 

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Idk man. We’re watching McDavid and Matthews prime slip away… one shooter tutor after another. I’d rather be a contender every year and have better odds of eventually winning and continuing to win, than having a few exciting years with a bunch of pathetic playoff runs that go nowhere

What about Draisaitl?! 

I would want him and Nuge on the Nucks everyday of the week for the rest of their years. 

No one can be a contender year after year unless you made a deal with the devil like Boston has. 

That whole area will be wiped out by climate change because of their Championships.

Too much? 

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

What about Draisaitl?! 

I would want him and Nuge on the Nucks everyday of the week for the rest of their years. 

No one can be a contender year after year unless you made a deal with the devil like Boston has. 

That whole area will be wiped out by climate change because of their Championships.

Too much? 

Very much like Big Leon. And I like how RNH accepted an offer that reflected the player he is. Wish our former captain was like Nuge. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What about Draisaitl?! 

Too much? 

Gold.

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Very much like Big Leon. And I like how RNH accepted an offer that reflected the player he is. Wish our former captain was like Nuge. 

I just wish RNH would’ve come back ‘home’. 

That one really hurts. 

But I get that he wants to win with McDavid. 

Still, not having him here hurts as much as Sakic not coming back. 

• There it is 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Its kind of ridiculous to me though that hes the only one that Edmonton pushed to take a team friendly deal

The contract they gave to Darnell Nurse is just obscene

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, eeeeergh said:

Its kind of ridiculous to me though that hes the only one that Edmonton pushed to take a team friendly deal

The contract they gave to Darnell Nurse is just obscene

The Nurse contract is stupid bad. It’s shows a guy who is selfish.  I think Kane took less, like Nuge, too. 

5 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Hey Sharp, is Vintage Canuck an AI? maybe same as DLC? I dont have proof yet but.... 

@-Vintage Canuck- is a Chatbot. ‘It’ is a program. Not a human being. We’re lucky to have beta testing with ‘it’ for the US military. 

@-DLC- is his ‘handler’. 

@-SN- is the overlord. 

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I just wish RNH would’ve come back ‘home’. 

That one really hurts. 

But I get that he wants to win with McDavid. 

Still, not having him here hurts as much as Sakic not coming back. 

Yikes...Bedard...:shock:

4 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yikes...Bedard...:shock:

There is no Bedard, unless…

The trade was brokered out of necessity. Lindros warned the Nordiques he would not play for them if they drafted him first overall in the 1991 NHL Entry Draft. When they didn’t heed his warning, he refused to sign, going back to his OHL club in Oshawa.

https://thehockeywriters.com/eric-lindros-trade-revisited/

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Playing players huge minutes makes no sense. Miller, Hughes, Petey. 

Why is the organization allowing them to go HAM? 

They’re already signed. They’ve shown recently that they can win. 

I like that the Abby boys are getting so much time and opportunity. Why not continue that? 

Podz and Kravs are still 4th line minutes. Give them more. 

Bring up Hogz. Let him gel with potential linemates. 

Keep Demmer game restricted. He just came off an injury. Why play him so much, especially now? Get Silovs out there for the majority of the games. He’s got a ton of talent to be a legit backup. 

I dunno man, it doesn’t make sense to try a fight for a non-playoff spot and kill any chance of getting the best prospect that could add to the lineup in a couple/three years that adds more skill into the lineup when the team actually has a shot of making a play for the Finals(Conference or Cup). 

Just my take on it. 

The Canucks have a few forwards they are looking to move in the off season.  It’s in their best interest to pump up their stats by playing them more with our top players.  Makes them much more marketable.  Some top D’s actually play better if given more minutes.  As for Demko, the schedule going fwd is relatively easy with not too many b to b.  Also the boys have been playing better d.  Fatigue should not be a factor

2 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Look at calgary gathering all our favorites and they are in the playoffs and their cap is lower than us. Taff, Marks, Tanv, Stetch.

Calgary is 5 points behind the Jets who hold the last wildcard spot. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

@-Vintage Canuck- is a Chatbot. ‘It’ is a program. Not a human being. We’re lucky to have beta testing with ‘it’ for the US military. 

@-DLC- is his ‘handler’. 

@-SN- is the overlord. 

So maybe we just gotta throw a shit ton of recommendations at them and management, JT, Brock, Myers and OEL will hear our cry

3 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

yes Millar has been worth his weight since moving Horvat. Its like he realized he has to earn his money.

But has anyone looked at cap friendly since? we are over cap per game.

Sure, we are winning against great teams, but our cap is over other teams that are in playoffs.

Demko mentioned he heard rumors. I think this forum is the only place Demko/Millar has been mentioned as a trade for whoever gets Bedard.

Who knows.  I let the GMs worry about cap.  They figure things out one way or another. And who cares about whether our cap is higher than those in the playoffs. It wouldn't be the first time that happened for many teams. Aquilini can spend his money as he sees fit.

There is nothing any of us can do about cap, and much of our speculation on our or other teams' cap comes to naught anyways.

I have no idea about any talk about Demko and Miller in regards to a Bedard trade.   Trade talk has about as much value as cap talk, IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Wet Blanket 2: Endless Rebuild 

Trade all the non-entry level players for prospects.  Trade all the prospects for picks.  Trade all the picks for future picks.  Trade all the future picks for “down” for more picks later in the draft.

Draft the entire 2027 7th round.

Profit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2