The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hughes, emerging on and off ice, helps Canucks make positive Pride Night statement

Rate this topic

The Arrogant Worms

Love this!  :wub:

Guys, people, humans can make a difference.  Took a train to the city I live in a few weeks back?  Got stuck for 1/2 an hour. The train was FULL (!!!) of 13 to 17 year old girls, some with rainbow hair.  ALL with peacock colored scarfs'? I was wondering what was going on, remembered my daughter was heading in 'tomorrow,' figured it out.

The Harry Styles concert opening night was on!  He helps those nervous come out publicly? Or tell their parents. Announce who they are, be themselves! 40 to 100,000 cheer! It gets broadcasted & everyone is supportive! Its things like this that has a generation behind their friends! So different than when I was a kid...

Inclusion is everything!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Better than Karlsson and out scoring him second half of season. 

I don't disagree, but I wouldn't give it to Karlsson either.  My vote will always go to a guy like Makar or Hedman who is a stud in both ends.

Edited by King Heffy

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I don't disagree, but I wouldn't give it to Karlsson either.  My vote will always go to a guy like Makar or Hedman who is a stud in both ends.

I think this is more of an issue with modern style defenceman not getting enough credit. He has great anticipation and reads plays, getting to the puck and moving the puck before it gets pinned into his end. 
‘Most people get too much credit for banging and clearing the front of the net but Hughes gets the puck out before that becomes the problem. That type of defence shows up more in the fancy stats and is not regarded as well generally even though it is the better way to play and win. 
‘Think you are discounting the growth in his game and the Norris generally goes to highest scoring D anyway. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

Better than Karlsson and out scoring him second half of season. 

Two more points in three more games, 6 goals for QHs, 9 for EK Jan, Feb, March.   QHs is pacing EK but not out scoring him (yet).   EKs plus minus has taken a nose dive in March though.   Maybe more than just what one could expect from selling key guys.   Only month so far QHs has outscored EK is February, by one point in one more game ... and one more point so far this month.    QHs for sure has a lot more to work with, not even close really.    Still, very impressive.   I've yet to see what EK was going in Ottawa from QHs. 

Edited by IBatch

Good for him, I scooped up the tie dye hoodie. I was thinking jersey, but at 750 dollars that's a bit too rich for my blood. A 150 dollar hoodie is a bit expensive, but F it. I can take the 150 dollar hit on that. They look amazing and the thing they represent is even more amazing. I have a trans friend and some gay friends. It's criminal how they are treated. I know some folks get mad when politics creeps into sports. But this really isn't negative and it means the world to people that just want to feel like they aren't hated for existing. More love, less hate.