The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, 7PM PST / 10PM EST, at Rogers Arena, why? Knock Out the Flames

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Stecher is better than he gets credit for.  Letting him slide was a mistake

He’s an intelligent player who plays with pretty good instincts & habits. One of those ever-elusive RHT shot D-men too.

I agree. 

Edited by viking mama
  • Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Rathbone has played a total of 115 minutes of NHL ice time to this point, with a year in the middle where he hardly played, a little early to decide he’s not up to it isn’t it? 

Rathbone is waiver eligible next season. So his time is almost up unfortunately. He will either need to make the Canucks next year or he will be on waivers and probably picked up by a bottom feeder like Anaheim.

If he doesn’t make the big club next season I am sure Allvin will try and trade him…

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think most felt it was time to move on from Tanev due to his injury troubles but Toffoli should've been the priority. Turns out he's a really good penalty killer too & we could use it.

If they had kept Toffoli maybe they don't pay the high price to have Garland included in the OEL deal.

I certainly didn't feel that way about Tanev. But anyway, thanks for the chat, I'm going to graciously step out of this discussion now...don't like to live in the past and think about "what could've been"...

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rathbone is waiver eligible next season. So his time is almost up unfortunately. He will either need to make the Canucks next year or he will be on waivers and probably picked up by a bottom feeder like Anaheim.  

It is believed that only 1 small player who can skate works for a given team.  

• Upvote 1