The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 31, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I haven’t watched the whole game. 

but in the highlights I saw Demko lunge to stop a puck and jams his skate up against the post.

it looked off, and he laced on the ice face down.

with his blocker hand reaching to his thigh and hip.

He ended OT in the same posture.

I think it looked like he tweaked his groin and or hip.

Did anyone else notice this?

6 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

He started with Chicago.

the whopping 3 games played over 2 seasons...that surely disqualifies him from the list right...I think not, Tanti always been underrated though so not a surprise. EP is this elite player, and Covid played a part but man I was shocked to see him so far down the list to be honest. 

Also, Myers.

Wow. He needs to let Brisbios lead the play without the puck.

they were not reading each other very well and by the eye test, and what looked to be Myers panicking, not knowing where Brisbios was going and or Brisbios didn’t know which player Myers was staying with.

Myers looked to be staying with the puck carrying attacker, man vs man, Vs Zone.

so when Brisbios went man Vs man, Myers went back to zone.

they both ended up on the same side and player.

communication break down between new D partners always looks terrible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

shocked double take GIF

Huh? He is the one making a lot of statements that are confusing. He is opening himself up for others to respond so I don't think anyone is targeting him.

Alf has sometimes been guilty of what you speak.

but he eats cats.  

I hate cats.  So Alf is okay with me.

okay.  

see logic. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Interesting see-saw game tonight - thought Demko kept the Canucks in it for most of the game to be able to get that point.

Seriously with 7 games remaining, hope the coaches start to look at more of their prospects to see who will actually have a  chance this October and not start this auditioning process in September when it is probably the time to  start the good habits and winning trends. Probably should also start to split Delia / Demko maybe after the LA game on Sunday. - these contending teams are really making Demko work.

Thought the Flames played ok - too many defensive lapses though - looking at their lineup, they sure lost quite a bit of scoring with Gaudrea Monohan and Tkachuk gone.from last year.

Agreed! I think what Tocchet and his staff have done have been good but its the end of the season another lost season and we have a coach playing guys way too much then guys like Boner who got 9 min and McDonough who scored with under 7min of ice time...give the kids more ice time, why we got to play Quinn 30 min and Boner 9...can't 23min for Quinn and 16 for Boner be allowed in the final handful of games?!?

See what Boner has got at the NHL level going into next year, or does the team already know they will likely be moving on from him with all these LHD signings?

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Has anyone noticed the past two games we've allowed 6 and 5 goals respectively. It's almost like we're reverting to the same bad habits when BB was here? I'm hoping this is an anomaly.

We are icing an AHL D group more than an NHL one, it was only a matter of time before leaks started to show. Too much $ spent on wingers, only asset free way to improve the D next year is an OEL buyout that clears most of his cap hit next year but then we are left with a couple years of near 5m in dead cap space...Minnesota is doing well with a ton of dead cap space but I can't see the Canucks having similar success whil improving the team with just an OEL buyout.

Team needs to move out 2 wingers with cap hits north of 4m annually to help create some cap room to improve the D. We may have to struggle with our bottom 6 C group again next year unless we can sign a C cheap short term and they have a bounce back season next year.

6 hours ago, zimmy said:

I suspect they will receive some votes, yes, but likely only from whoever gets a vote here in Vancouver. The team is an after thought in most minds and our players will only garner respect (and consideration for major awards) when we become a relevant entity league wide. Not fair and unfortunate but the hard truth. 

QHs is getting a ton of love out East.   EP don't hear as much about him (they notice him too though), but even the folks that's aren't paying attention  (and goes to every hockey writer - of course they spend the majority of their time watching their region) can look at the stat sheet, and see plus players on all special teams, check out EV points (good for EP),  and easily have a take away that despite a non playoff team, these guys did great.   And then do some due diligence. 

EP will get a couple votes.   QHs will be close to if not a Norris finalist.  

In the past, the guys that we've had that have had votes for an award earned it.   One it came down to Forsberg versus Naslund,  and Sedin versus Perry.   Both votes were close.    You might be surprised at who's received votes over the years - some for sure homer ones though.   Others no way  should they have won, or being a finalist (Jovo twice), but sure got a lot of respect (6th i think).   Hart votes...rare those are given out to non-playoff teams, if we made the playoffs both QHs and EP would.    Linden got some one year, Selke votes too a few times.    Usually there aren't many players getting votes, and one can assume the ones getting the one vote, are homer votes.   It's a pretty fair system IMO, can only vote for you own team once per trophy anyways. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 4petesake said:

Like every good reality show we have a wide range of characters. That’s what makes it interesting.

Well said. With all the different characters on here it's a really entertaining and informative place. I don't post much but I'm on here every Saturday and Sunday morning. Reading while having a coffee. It's a great place to spend some time. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Extremely disappointed by the backlash Kuzmenko is getting. Absolute bullshit. 

I have not seen any of that but I do not use social media, it is a sest pool of negativity...It is 2023, everyone should be included in everything! But the vocal haters tend to usually hide behind a screen and run there mouths and cause the ruckus don't they?

11 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Extremely disappointed by the backlash Kuzmenko is getting. Absolute bullshit. 

Considering the backlash that everyone else got it is at least consistent. 
I didn’t actually see if he made a statement after game. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Considering the backlash that everyone else got it is at least consistent. 
I didn’t actually see if he made a statement after game. 

He did. But I heard it through the radio report. 

Doesn't matter to me. As long he's not out there making others uncomfortable, preaching religious nonsense or pretend to have a moral high ground.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Some stronger, bigger forwards with some tenacity are needed. They are both redundant. This team needs to be feared to play against. At times, I feel like teams just don't fear our lineup. I would love there to be a tougher element added throughout the lineup.

Understatement: "at times". More like" for more than a decade".

9 hours ago, 1-d said:

FU*K the flames.

... Unfinished business thanks to the ref.

Exactly we need to beat those maggots next game they'll need that 2 points badly.

Thanks to the refs stupidity and Tyler Myers who sucked all night was on for all Cargarys regulation goals.

Can't wait until Myers is gone.

• Like 1