The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Calgary Flames at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 31, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

That's a horrible pairing and total weak link.

If you could watch all goals against the Canucks all season again you'd see Myers probably net front on half of them and screwing up somehow on most of them.

The guy needs to go he really hurts the team a lot and hopefully this is it for him.

Thankfully Tocchet, Foote and Gonchar are hockey intelligent guys especially on defense who also probably can't wait to see the guy gone and finally not weakening this team.

Myers 6:42TOI short handed 1 goal against and that goal came from Hughes side of the ice. If he was such a liabilty how come CGY had such a hard time scoring while he was on the PK? Which Myers broke up quite a few entries/plays on the PK.

If you watched the game you’d see that half the goals arent even Myers fault. 1st goal sure a communication breakdown he pressured at the blueline which YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO BY THE WAY, To try and force an offside, but you wouldnt understand that.

2nd goal his stick was stuck he was with his man and when he tried to go for the puck in his feet he had to free his stick up and in that time it was too late. Nonetheless he was on his man, Aman didnt get the puck on his stick or tie up his man well enough to stop the pass. Meanwhile the puck is travelling through Myers feet and he sees it and has to get his stick to the other side of his body which is a looooong way for his stick to travel.

The 3rd goal Myers was on his man, no one had the 3rd man in. How is that his fault?

also wtf was Hughes doing on that 2v1 in OT???? Half ass Attacks the shooter and leaves back door WIIIIIIIIDE open. 
rule #1 leave the shooter to the goalie

You cry if we win and cry if we lose. Pick a side and stick to it. But your hopes of playoffs are gone and crying for any reason is just being a whiner. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

didn't the Canucks wear 'anti bullying' jerseys earlier in the season?

and yet players are being forced aka bullied into wearing pride jerseys... make up your mind, eh?

a person has the right to freedom of expression or free speech. don't be forcing them. plus if I don't feel right about something, that's MY business and no one elses. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

We were awful tonight. We didn’t play as an all for one group. And we know why. 

That had nothing to do with Kuzmenko. Bad habits creeped in with St Louis as well. 

Even though I hate Calgary more then a root canal, this is a test to see how Tocchet handles these bad habits now rather then the start of next season.

1 hour ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

I'm glad they've kept Boeser in a great position with Miller and the top powerplay to pad Boesers stats and his teammates and opportunities has really boosted his trade value so I can totally see teams wanting Boeser and the Canucks not having to give up picks or prospects to unload him.

I'm definitely not in favor of losing great young talented players with potential like Hoglander and Rathbone or picks to move these guys.

On OEL there's no way teams take him without us giving up too much and paired with Hronek and him being healthy I see OEL playing adequate hockey and really don't think he's that bad especially compared to Myers. I'd say Myers screws up 4 times more than OEL and once he's gone and Hronek is a full timer we're going to see a very solid defense especially if Johansson plays and plays as good as his potential on the right side. I'd be happy with this next season:

Hughes - Bear

OEL - Hronek

Ratbone/Dermott - Johansson or any solid additions to this group. This group imo has a lot of potential especiallybeing taught by this great coaching staff.

As for Garland I'd be OK if they kept him I feel like his trade value will never be lower than now and that there's hope for him and although he hasn't produced to his potential I still feel like he plays a good game with his linemates and could still be very good for us. I'd give him until next trade deadline or so to see if he could get some chemistry with higher end linemates.

As far as Myers goes there's absolutely no way management or coaches want him back any fool could see that he's the Canucks biggest weakness by far contributing big time to many of their losses.

I wish Bear was bigger and meaner. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Devron said:

I agree we weren’t great. We also weren’t great in STL. Did kuzy tell the boys in STL and so they didn’t want to try that game too? 

Must have told them at the LA game where we had 3 shots. I imagine the locker room had a melt down.

• Haha 1

Aaaaahhh!! It’s nice to wake up after a loss again!! This team has been playing like they’re trying to make the playoffs. Stop playing petey and Hughes so much you idiots and stop playing Demko. Put that moron Corey Herschel in net!! 

1 minute ago, Bell said:

That was the maddest I've ever seen Petey when he was in the box talking to the ref.  He was super red faced.  The ref knew he screwed the pooch.

No kidding. He held it together well all while getting his point across. Proud of Petey, he's an absolute competitor. 

18 hours ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well we also had Demko.

So? Playoff teams will have goalies equal too or better than Demko, as well as better overall teams. The Flames brought their A game and needed the refs help to beat the Canucks, they're going nowhere fast even if they somehow leap frog Winnipeg into the playoffs.

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Q: Sorry but I'm a long time Canucks fan and need to ask you a question if I may, and that is........What is a 1st Round pick?.   

Video gif. A fluffy husky puppy cocks his head to the side in an expression of playful confusion while blue question marks emanate from his head.

Elias Pettersson, Quinn Hughes, Brock Boeser, Bo Horvat, Vasily PodKolzin.

11 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I still can't believe how JB let Toffoli walk. Great player. 

Yeah i still feel like i'm taking crazy pills over that? Probably the one of the most foolish reprehensible moves JB made. His excuse was they were focused on other things and they didn't get it done soon enough? WHAT, SERIOUSLY!!!!???? :picard: Should have been fired for that alone!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

People still whining about Toffoli?

What difference would he make here? We had four 30 goal scorers this year and were nowhere near good enough.

A good asset is a good asset and always makes your team deeper, not a very smart move to let him walk, not smart at all, but typical for this organization over the last half century of debacles.:picard:

That Game was a Myers career as a Canuck recap.

hope he saved some money his next contract should be a 2way deal so he can play in the minors where he belongs. 

refs won the game lilololololololol

It was a bad call for sure but Nucks had 2 shots in the third they didn’t deserve to win unless we are back to fingers crossed the goaltender steals every game structure. 

Canucks need better D.  

They let Flames have 40 shots last night.  Canucks has 20 shots.  Demko had to be sharp.  Not going to win many games if always relying on Demko to bail them out.  4 goals should have been plenty especially considering how bad Markstrom was in net.

• Cheers 1