The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

WoW, looking great for Pittsburgh and Jets to advance ... Islanders up by 3 with about 4 minutes left (SUCK IT BO!!) ... Pittsburgh has 2 games left against Chicago and Columbus while Islanders have one remaining against the Habs (Go Le Canadiens!!!). 

With Winnipeg winning tonight it would take a miracle on ice to have Calgary advance to WC2

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

WoW, looking great for Pittsburgh and Jets to advance ... Islanders down by 3 with about 4 minutes left (SUCK IT BO!!) ... Pittsburgh has 2 games left against Chicago and Columbus while Islanders have one remaining against the Habs (Go Le Canadiens!!!). 

With San Jose winning tonight it would take a miracle on ice to have Calgary advance to WC2

I think you meant with “with Winnipeg winning tonight… 

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

It is a fine line trying to rebuild a team and disappointing fans and ownership. It is more than assessing players and forecasting their potential it is also balancing that against a timeline and marshalling the resources to achieve success. 

IMHO the classic example is JT Miller. I won't restart the 'debate'. JT is a quality player who has several key attributes that support a winning team. The decision management had to make was whether his productive phase can last into playoff contention. Does he provide more value by trading him for a net gain to the org. It appears their decision was he can. In some ways JT was an easier decision because he produced a history of success. That does not exist for a Jack Rathbone or any number of prospects in the system. They have to be assessed and decisions made. Our management could do everything right and still fail to achieve a CUP. 

I don't think that is the mediocrity you are talking about. That happens when the same management and fan expectations are not met and yet attitudes don't change. Yes I wanted a #5 pick because that was a realistic expectation about a month ago. That pick gave a better opportunity of moving higher in the lottery but at a minimum an opportunity to draft a foundation player. Will the 11 Tocchet wins go down in the annals of Canuck folklore? I highly doubt it. Will they assauge the hockey sensitivities of the exisiting core? Will the fans fondly reflect on this record in even a weeks time? Meanwhile all the other teams which pretty meaningfully tanked will look forward to their positioning. For some reason Vancouver feels it necessary to apologize. I don't get it. Montreal, one of the more blatant tankers, will accelerate their rebuild and the hockey world will congratulate them for their cleverness. It was like Louongo's contract when Van got penalized on CAP and eastern teams like Philly walked.  

The reason why fans won't forget these 11 wins is, a better shot at a local generational phenom. Even a chance at a extraordinary talent like Bedard, would breath life into the hopes and dreams of our fans. We haven't had a shot at the top 3 since the late 90's. The ego of the coach quashed whatever hopes we had. As a long time fan, it felt like a fu to the die hard fans. Just one mini tank would have helped. Now looks like we'll be lucky to be in the top 10.

What happened to all that bluster about playing each game with pride and all that malarkey. Bustaroo. 

• Tanks a lot 1

28 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

WoW, looking great for Pittsburgh and Jets to advance ... Islanders up by 3 with about 4 minutes left (SUCK IT BO!!) ... Pittsburgh has 2 games left against Chicago and Columbus while Islanders have one remaining against the Habs (Go Le Canadiens!!!). 

With Winnipeg winning tonight it would take a miracle on ice to have Calgary advance to WC2

Capitals...you got it backwards.

I told you that for free.

12 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Kings will probably come out flying as they need the points with the Kraken just behind them - I hope for the remaining games this week Kuz can get 40th assisted by Petey to get the 100.  Just was watching the board and the Sens won in regulation tonight - if my math is right does it mean Canucks are locked in at 11th and below.  If so, at least 3% is better than zero.  Anyway, enjoy the game tonight - think it will be a bit loose with lots of scoring.