The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sadly my hopes for a serious tank have failed. Many fans dwell on short term success. We likely draft at #10 or #11 and will probably get a good player. What I wanted was a serious core asset that could join the core that leads us to Cup contention. That would have been #5 or higher. Hopefully we stay in the lottery and climb a few spots. 

It is raining, my Canucks are winning when they should be doing that in October, it's depressing. What rum do you suggest Alf? I might have to take up drinking. :blink:

The old standby  -  Lamb's Navy Rum.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, singing chef said:

The old standby  -  Lamb's Navy Rum.

Here is one of my favorite rum drinks - Dark and Stormy

2 oz of dark rum (Bundaberg if you can swing it - I used the lighter Bundy for this one, great flavour, molasses base)
5 - 6 oz Ginger Beer (I would again suggest Bundaberg Ginger Beer)
Ice
Lime wedge or two
1/2 - 1 tsp honey ... depending upon how sweet the rum is you have

Infuse the rum with the honey until they are mixed as one. Gently place the ice cubes in the glass. Squeeze the lime wedge(s) and toss in the rinds. Top up with the Ginger Beer.

Boat race your friend and then make another.

No photo description available.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Apparently massaging the players' egos was more important than the long-term future of this franchise

It's really more complex than that though.

They're building chemistry and feeling good vs bad does a lot for a room. The long term of the franchise future also heavily relies on Petey, Quinn, Demko being happy and not feeling totally hopeless. Matters. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

They're building chemistry and feeling good vs bad does a lot for a room. The long term of the franchise future also heavily relies on Petey, Quinn, Demko being happy and not feeling totally hopeless. Matters. 

Do the last 3 road games really mean that much for team cohesion and chemistry?

If the coaches can have a hand with ‘game management’, then shouldn’t ‘season management’ also be a thing? 

This is among the deepest top 10 draft in years. I’m sure you agree with that. If the team can at least place themselves in the best position possible, then shouldn’t the ‘team’ from the Executive down, attempt to manage that? 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

I dont care what the result is as long as we have a shot at Bedard by the end of the season.

“We” don’t. Even if the Canucks finished with the absolute worst record in the league, you already know the team with the 2nd worst would somehow end up getting the first pick. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

So LA is wearing their white jerseys at home. They did it against the avs too.

We need to do this once in a while with the white skate jersey. Those jerseys need to be resurrected. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Absolutely. Work morale has a real impact on productivity, at least with every group of people I’ve ever worked with. And those positive vibes will carry over in to the summer. Guys might train just a little harder, come back just a little earlier, and stay in touch more. You can never discount how beneficial happiness is. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, -DLC- said:

The jersey is so damn sharp/crisp. Last game it really stood out to me in a good way. I'm glad to hear this.

(Took this pic last game...my phone camera is not good but I like this one)

336656666_1717497068653484_6123660542047

As much as I’d love to see the franchise distance itself from the current logo and kit, if they’re not going to go full-time retro with the absolutely spectacular 40th anniversary stick-in-rink kit, I’d be more than okay with black skate instead. 

The current orca kit just has too much negativity associated with it. Needs to be gone. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

“We” don’t. Even if the Canucks finished with the absolute worst record in the league, you already know the team with the 2nd worst would somehow end up getting the first pick. 

Look how many spots the Oilers jumped up to draft McDavid or the rangers for lafreniere.

A slim chance is better than no chance 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Look how many spots the Oilers jumped up to draft McDavid or the rangers for lafreniere.

A slim chance is better than no chance 

Even if 30 of the remaining 31 teams were also named Vancouver Canucks, that 1 team that isn’t would land the top pick. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Fakename70 said:

As much as I’d love to see the franchise distance itself from the current logo and kit, if they’re not going to go full-time retro with the absolutely spectacular 40th anniversary stick-in-rink kit, I’d be more than okay with black skate instead. 

The current orca kit just has too much negativity associated with it. Needs to be gone. 

The stick in rink has to be one of the worst logos in professional sports.......followed closely by Johnny hockey.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sadly my hopes for a serious tank have failed. Many fans dwell on short term success. We likely draft at #10 or #11 and will probably get a good player. What I wanted was a serious core asset that could join the core that leads us to Cup contention. That would have been #5 or higher. Hopefully we stay in the lottery and climb a few spots. 

It is raining, my Canucks are winning when they should be doing that in October, it's depressing. What rum do you suggest Alf? I might have to take up drinking. :blink:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 2