The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

23 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Look how many spots the Oilers jumped up to draft McDavid or the rangers for lafreniere.

A slim chance is better than no chance 

Carolina went from like 11th overall to the 2nd overall pick too. Philly jumped like 6 spots to draft 2nd in 2017.

definitely possible.

Edited by Odd.
  • Tanks a lot 1

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

The stick in rink has to be one of the worst logos in professional sports.......followed closely by Johnny hockey.

It’s not by any means the most original, but, I specifically mentioned the 40th anniversary edition. The entire uniform, not just the logo. 

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

The jersey is so damn sharp/crisp. Last game it really stood out to me in a good way. I'm glad to hear this.

(Took this pic last game...my phone camera is not good but I like this one)

336656666_1717497068653484_6123660542047

The only, and not a huge issue, is the broad stripes. 

The old school sweaters had a thinner orange/red stripe and more black. 

That was the sweater you and I grew up with and it was glorious. 

I still love this one though. Better than any sweater iteration ever. 

3 hours ago, -DLC- said:

(Took this pic last game...my phone camera is not good but I like this one)

336656666_1717497068653484_6123660542047

You took this picture and doesn’t think it was good?! 

FFS Deb, it looks like you were on the ice with Petey and passing him the puck. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, stawns said:

The stick in rink has to be one of the worst logos in professional sports.......followed closely by Johnny hockey.

Totally agree, think the Stick in Rink is terrible. I have never understood the obsession with it. The orca is such a nice logo, and the colours are nice.

I love the black skate, and think the jersey looks sharp, but a lot of that love could very well be nostalgia from when I was a young kid.

• There it is 1

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The only, and not a huge issue, is the broad stripes. 

The old school sweaters had a thinner orange/red stripe and more black. 

That was the sweater you and I grew up with and it was glorious. 

I still love this one though. Better than any sweater iteration ever. 

I was a skeptic of them updating the skate jersey, but I think this is a nicer jersey that the original.

Vancouver Canucks adidas Brock Boeser Authentic Retro Skate Jersey | Sport  Chekimage.jpeg.64e24d32c51c5da69812ce87df3d525b.jpeg

I think it looks better without the white in the logo.  I also really like the lack of neck striping.

Can't wait to see the White version eventually...

image.jpeg.76f11466dd22a98c3d75afe793a01a11.jpeg

Edited by BCNate

12 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I was a skeptic of them updating the skate jersey, but I think this is a nicer jersey that the original.

Vancouver Canucks adidas Brock Boeser Authentic Retro Skate Jersey | Sport  Chekimage.jpeg.64e24d32c51c5da69812ce87df3d525b.jpeg

I think it looks better without the white in the logo.  I also really like the lack of neck striping.

i didn't love the old white. Plus i would love them to change the bars on the arms to the old v's from the v jerseys.

image.png.8df728c73442f0bd9d83206b8453549d.png

Of course with fanatics we see some boring jerseys as they seem to really be boring with most of their stuff. 

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
h

21 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I personally love the Skate sweater no matter what. 

However, I think that this is always the best iteration with the smaller red stripe. 

image.jpeg.a8d77a69834239348964198ab7e00824.jpeg

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Carolina went from like 11th overall to the 2nd overall pick too. Philly jumped like 6 spots to draft 2nd in 2017.

definitely possible.

Philadelphia went from 13 to 2 in 2017.  Carolina went from 11 to 2 in 2018.  Chicago went from 12 to 3 in 2019.  NY Rangers technically went from 12 to 1 during the 2020 bubble draft.

So, 4 years in a row one team made a huge leap into the top 2 picks.  

• Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Philadelphia went from 13 to 2 in 2017.  Carolina went from 11 to 2 in 2018.  Chicago went from 12 to 3 in 2019.  NY Rangers technically went from 12 to 1 during the 2020 bubble draft.

image.gif.3952673f05cebcd1ba7a50a25e4d494c.gif

• Tanks a lot 1

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

Here is one of my favorite rum drinks - Dark and Stormy

2 oz of dark rum (Bundaberg if you can swing it - I used the lighter Bundy for this one, great flavour, molasses base)
5 - 6 oz Ginger Beer (I would again suggest Bundaberg Ginger Beer)
Ice
Lime wedge or two
1/2 - 1 tsp honey ... depending upon how sweet the rum is you have

Infuse the rum with the honey until they are mixed as one. Gently place the ice cubes in the glass. Squeeze the lime wedge(s) and toss in the rinds. Top up with the Ginger Beer.

Boat race your friend and then make another.

No photo description available.

a dark and stormy amen

• Cheers 2

49 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

And I believe we slipped in spots every one of those years. Good grief, this franchise has no luck. 

51 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Follow the $ ?!

Interesting that of tonite's roster, of our 18 skaters, fully half have been acquired by current mgt

I just checked out the odds for tonights game and every oddsmaker is predicting a solid victory by L.A. tonight.    Hopefully that happens so the Canucks can stay in the game for Bedard - even though our hopes are minimal. Nothing more to prove at this point, so they should quietly sliver off onto the golf course in a few days for the next Half-Year and everyone will be happy!