The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Philadelphia went from 13 to 2 in 2017.  Carolina went from 11 to 2 in 2018.  Chicago went from 12 to 3 in 2019.  NY Rangers technically went from 12 to 1 during the 2020 bubble draft.

So, 4 years in a row one team made a huge leap into the top 2 picks.  

Exactly. As long as we don’t fall more than 10th overall, I like our chances at being the team that jumps. Pretty sure Jets/CBJ jumped in 2016 as well. And in 2017, Dallas went from 7th to 3rd. 

18.5 - 25% odds is not a lot.

Edited by Odd.

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Sadly my hopes for a serious tank have failed. Many fans dwell on short term success. We likely draft at #10 or #11 and will probably get a good player. What I wanted was a serious core asset that could join the core that leads us to Cup contention. That would have been #5 or higher. Hopefully we stay in the lottery and climb a few spots. 

It is raining, my Canucks are winning when they should be doing that in October, it's depressing. What rum do you suggest Alf? I might have to take up drinking. :blink:

el_dorado_15_875x.jpg?v=1678289409

Give this a try.

• Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Philadelphia went from 13 to 2 in 2017.  Carolina went from 11 to 2 in 2018.  Chicago went from 12 to 3 in 2019.  NY Rangers technically went from 12 to 1 during the 2020 bubble draft.

So, 4 years in a row one team made a huge leap into the top 2 picks.  

28 days until we see where the chips fall.

Heads up for viewers outside of the Canucks region. The Canucks game is not part of Sportsnet's "Monday Night Hockey." Centre Ice is required to watch the game.

This should be a national game as part of the doubleheader along with the Flames game. It is another brutal decision by Rogers on one of their marquee nights. mad2.gifcensored.gifmoremad2.gif

57 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

BTW, for those that are counting...........only 75 hours, 55 Minutes and 34 seconds until we'll never have to see Myers in a Canucks uniform again!    Woo-Hoo!

but what do you mean... no obvious plan to where he goes, hope is there is a hang shake deal in place to move him after his bonus is paid out 

• Cheers 1

Canucks should lose this one... Kings are a better team with a lot more motivation to win.

But you never know... and in any case, the next few games after this one are against real bottom feeders so likely the exercise in futility will continue as the Canucks move further and further away from a decent draft choice with every win.

Most probably they will move up another two positions ahead of the Wings and Blues and end up drafting 11th... with next to zero chance of moving up in the lottery... and a much better chance of moving down.

But this owner had to have his wins and more sales of tickets... he had to replace Boudreau at a point when it was impossible to make the playoffs, but possible to ruin any chance of a good pick.  Could have waited another 10 games and cemented a chance at a really good pick... but NO.

So the team has moved up from drafting 6th, with a good chance at 5th, to their current 9th... and as said by their current trending results... likely ending up 11th.

When you consider how good the top five prospects are, and what any one of those could have done to help the team in the future, replacing Boudreau at the point in the season when they did has been a disaster for the long term development of this team.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Do the last 3 road games really mean that much for team cohesion and chemistry?

If the coaches can have a hand with ‘game management’, then shouldn’t ‘season management’ also be a thing? 

This is among the deepest top 10 draft in years. I’m sure you agree with that. If the team can at least place themselves in the best position possible, then shouldn’t the ‘team’ from the Executive down, attempt to manage that? 

Especially when you consider that all the other teams are shutting their players down early.  I know that we lost Mikheyev, but that was due to surgery.  

Look at Washington's move today: 

40 minutes ago, hwy19man said:

Heads up for viewers outside of the Canucks region. The Canucks game is not part of Sportsnet's "Monday Night Hockey." Centre Ice is required to watch the game.

This should be a national game as part of the doubleheader along with the Flames game. It is another brutal decision by Rogers on one of their marquee nights. mad2.gifcensored.gifmoremad2.gif

National games usually mean that Sportsnet allows Singh to disgrace the country with his lack of professionalism.   Keep that worthless sack of **** off the air and let the Johns do their thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Totally agree, think the Stick in Rink is terrible. I have never understood the obsession with it. The orca is such a nice logo, and the colours are nice.

I love the black skate, and think the jersey looks sharp, but a lot of that love could very well be nostalgia from when I was a young kid.

It was stick and rink back when I was a kid and it is my favorite. I  believe it is nostalgic from our most impressionable years. 

28 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Especially when you consider that all the other teams are shutting their players down early.  I know that we lost Mikheyev, but that was due to surgery.  

Look at Washington's move today: 

I am shocked!