The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Monday April 10 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Los Angeles Kings - 7:30pm PT/10:30pm ET - LA

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

14 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

The jersey is so damn sharp/crisp. Last game it really stood out to me in a good way. I'm glad to hear this.

I am impartial to most jerseys (any team, any sport) but this one is awesome. Obviously some great memories, but it just looks "intense"

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

The jersey is so damn sharp/crisp. Last game it really stood out to me in a good way. I'm glad to hear this.

I Want to see the white version of this logo with all the negative space white instead of a mixture of white and black. Plus there is no more white streaks as well. Its only black red yellow.

I'm comparing it to my 94 finals jersey and dare I say I like the new changes better.

I hope this ends up being a permanent change 

Edited by BlakeQuinnAndEggs
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The stupidest winning streak that was. 

Oh well par for the course, mediocrity hugs for everyone. 

It is a fine line trying to rebuild a team and disappointing fans and ownership. It is more than assessing players and forecasting their potential it is also balancing that against a timeline and marshalling the resources to achieve success. 

IMHO the classic example is JT Miller. I won't restart the 'debate'. JT is a quality player who has several key attributes that support a winning team. The decision management had to make was whether his productive phase can last into playoff contention. Does he provide more value by trading him for a net gain to the org. It appears their decision was he can. In some ways JT was an easier decision because he produced a history of success. That does not exist for a Jack Rathbone or any number of prospects in the system. They have to be assessed and decisions made. Our management could do everything right and still fail to achieve a CUP. 

I don't think that is the mediocrity you are talking about. That happens when the same management and fan expectations are not met and yet attitudes don't change. Yes I wanted a #5 pick because that was a realistic expectation about a month ago. That pick gave a better opportunity of moving higher in the lottery but at a minimum an opportunity to draft a foundation player. Will the 11 Tocchet wins go down in the annals of Canuck folklore? I highly doubt it. Will they assauge the hockey sensitivities of the exisiting core? Will the fans fondly reflect on this record in even a weeks time? Meanwhile all the other teams which pretty meaningfully tanked will look forward to their positioning. For some reason Vancouver feels it necessary to apologize. I don't get it. Montreal, one of the more blatant tankers, will accelerate their rebuild and the hockey world will congratulate them for their cleverness. It was like Louongo's contract when Van got penalized on CAP and eastern teams like Philly walked.