The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Noah Juulsen

52 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You don't put Quinn Hughes partner on waivers and risk losing him.  Which means PA doesn't value him as a top 4 Dman.  He's depth at this point and a good 6/7/8 guy...

I don't think anyone is disputing that.

I hope he clears though he is a good 7/8 option.

Edited by canuck73_3

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Can't lose scenario. If Juulson clears he's in Abby helping that club in the playoffs. If he's claimed we get another contract opened to sign another young guy. 

He's injured and not due back til training camp

Just now, rekker said:

So more of a paperwork thing? To clear room on the big club for another player. I don't get the need to do this?

More than likely the reason, I don't know enough of that end of the CBA to say for sure. Or maybe an availability for Abbotsford in case he recovers sooner? hard to say at this point.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

More than likely the reason, I don't know enough of that end of the CBA to say for sure. Or maybe an availability for Abbotsford in case he recovers sooner? hard to say at this point.

He’s reported to be week-to-week with a lower body injury (rumoured to be his ankle). So, I suppose it’s possible he recovers early and is able to return to action sometime during the AHL playoffs. Or maybe he’s hurt but still able to skate non-contact or do some training/conditioning work, and would be better off remaining around teammates and coaches/trainers on active AHL team, rather than staying with Vancouver after they shutdown for the season?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He’s reported to be week-to-week with a lower body injury (rumoured to be his ankle). So, I suppose it’s possible he recovers early and is able to return to action sometime during the AHL playoffs. Or maybe he’s hurt but still able to skate non-contact or do some training/conditioning work, and would be better off remaining around teammates and coaches/trainers on active AHL team, rather than staying with Vancouver after they shutdown for the season?

Ok, that makes more sense.

• Cheers 1