• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 02:00 AM

12 minutes ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

I don't think Edmonton considers us a rival tho, we aren't ready to take them on or considers them equals. Rivalry exists within mutual agreement and conduct, you cant be a rival if the other team is far ahead or is a cup contender. At this point its crazy to try to dismiss Oilers as Canada's top chance to win the cup, this is now beyond petty city rivrarly this is a great opportunity for us all Canadians to root for our sport, what happened to the slogan "we are all Canucks"...??

That is such an irrelevant and wrong take.  Those types of rivalries (ie. Lakers-Celtics) are an exception to the rule.  Rivalries exist because teams are close to each other.  You don't have to watch other sports, but it sounds like you only watch hockey.  Clippers fans don't think their team is on equal footing with the Lakers.  Mets/Yankees fans hate each other, and everyone knows who the better team is.  English football alone has a million derbies - Merseyside, Manchester, North London... so many of them are based on location alone.

Try and tell an Oilers fan that "we are all Canucks" and see what they think of you.

Just now, Bob.Loblaw said:

That is such an irrelevant and wrong take.  Those types of rivalries (ie. Lakers-Celtics) are an exception to the rule.  Rivalries exist because teams are close to each other.  You don't have to watch other sports, but it sounds like you only watch hockey.  Clippers fans don't think their team is on equal footing with the Lakers.  Mets/Yankees fans hate each other, and everyone knows who the better team is.  English football alone has a million derbies - Merseyside, Manchester, North London... so many of them are based on location alone.

Try and tell an Oilers fan that "we are all Canucks" and see what they think of you.

This “Oilers aren’t our rivals” take is new to me. You’d think otherwise based on the vitriol they threw our way when we were dominant and they were bottom feeders.

3 minutes ago, BlakeQuinnAndEggs said:

Did i hear that correctly ? Draisaitl has been in on every Edmonton goal this series ? Unreal

I can't find it but the Oilers record when drai scores twice in a playoff game is pretty hilarious.

11 minutes ago, rychicken said:

I'd take the deal, but I don't think I can handle 8 more weeks of Singh

Chirs Cuthbert calls the final. So it is just Singh for the Oilers first 3 rounds and Cutherbert for all 4 Leafs rounds.

10 minutes ago, McBackup said:

This “Oilers aren’t our rivals” take is new to me. You’d think otherwise based on the vitriol they threw our way when we were dominant and they were bottom feeders.

"Bonjour, Toronto!  I know you're all-in for the cup the way we're all-in for Bedard, but you're Canada's best chance to win, so... nous sommes les Canadiens...?" :picard: