The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Getting the toughest assignments and being down 3-1 doesn’t help the case much imo. 

We saw a good example in the last 20 Canuck games. 

Wolanin and Brisebois came in and played great. They were being sheltered. 

Now I will give Brisebois credit for his PK play, however.... 

There were two games where Wolanin and Brisebois got elevated to 2nd pairing assignments and they looked horrible as they were going up against the other team's first and second lines. 

I think that deployment is a huge huge factor that has.you go from facing a JT Compher, to all of a sudden facing MacKinnon and Rantanen. 

11 hours ago, canuckwings said:

Yea that's just embarrassing. He's just standing there getting punched by Tkachuk like a bobble head. 

As much as I want Panthers to advance Bennett is starting to really annoy me.

A little dramatic reaction, if you ask me.

Both players are good friends since they played together on the Knights. Tkachuk was even having a laugh with Marner when they were pulled apart. 

1 hour ago, shiznak said:

A little dramatic reaction, if you ask me.

Both players are good friends since they played together on the Knights. Tkachuk was even having a laugh with Marner when they were pulled apart. 

I don't know the two players' relationship outside of hockey, but I think fans would appreciate any sort of push back. I watched a clip of McDavid trying to stand up for Draisaitl after Pietrangelo gave him a dirty slash in yesterday's game. Sure he was 'punching' with his gloves on because he didn't want to injure his hand, but at least he did something when he could have just skate around. 

I guess if fans accept that their top players don't react to anything physical then it's okay? 

2 hours ago, canuckwings said:

I don't know the two players' relationship outside of hockey, but I think fans would appreciate any sort of push back. I watched a clip of McDavid trying to stand up for Draisaitl after Pietrangelo gave him a dirty slash in yesterday's game. Sure he was 'punching' with his gloves on because he didn't want to injure his hand, but at least he did something when he could have just skate around. 

I guess if fans accept that their top players don't react to anything physical then it's okay? 

It really is an embarrassing look.  All the Leafs fans were all talking about how he was just eating the punches with his face.  A guy is punching your face and all you keep doing is appeal to the linesman.  It's the end of the game.  What does he want, a penalty?

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

It really is an embarrassing look.  All the Leafs fans were all talking about how he was just eating the punches with his face.  A guy is punching your face and all you keep doing is appeal to the linesman.  It's the end of the game.  What does he want, a penalty?

It's this new generation, it boggles my mind on how they react to that crap. Even in my 50's, I can't steer from chaos and challenges. I'm gonna get thumped hard someday, lol.

Truly a laugh fest to watch the machinations of the HNIC crew. First they trot out all the examples of previous comebacks and then talk about the mind games that Florida is playing and then go into their standard about how good the Fabulous Four are. If Florida scores the first goal the crying will be heard across the country. Go Panthers Go! 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Truly a laugh fest to watch the machinations of the HNIC crew. First they trot out all the examples of previous comebacks and then talk about the mind games that Florida is playing and then go into their standard about how good the Fabulous Four are. If Florida scores the first goal the crying will be heard across the country. Go Panthers Go! 

this.gif