• Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Kraken in 4
    • Kraken in 5
    • Kraken in 6
    • Kraken in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/05/2023 at 01:30 AM

37 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Shesterkin and Sorokin were the best players on their team by a wide margin.  That's why they got knocked out.  Ullmark was injured and unnecessarily kept in for six games.  Vasilevskiy was indeed poor.  Everything depends on the circumstances, so it's difficult to generalize.

Personally I didn’t think Igor was lights out like he was last year but he played very well last night to keep the rangers in it. That’s a fair point not to generalize all goalies with heavy workloads, hell look at Otto not showing signs of fatigue at all after being a workhorse in the reg season and 1st round.  

I will say that big reason why Seattle got through was because Grubauer wasn’t the incumbent during the regular season, Martin Jones for the most part was the main starter for the Kraken. So Grubie was well rested and had an axe to grind with his former club. While it’s difficult to generalize  , the truth lies somewhere in the middle imo.

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

That’s a fair point. I will say that big reason why Seattle got through was because Grubauer wasn’t the incumbent during the regular season, Martin Jones for the most part was the main starter for the Kraken. So Grubie was well rested and had an axe to grind with his former club. While it’s difficult to generalize  , the truth lies somewhere in the middle imo.

Seattle is another weird case.  Grubauer was well rested because he sucked and couldn't hold down his role as the starter.  He was clearly the worst goalie out of the 16 playoff teams.  Now he's the second hottest goalie left and we are expecting a low-scoring duel between him and Oettinger.

1 minute ago, brilac said:

Did you get your Playoff tickets for Round 2?

Yes I have my pair, plus 4 more per game from the presale.  I am probably going to the game Sunday, looks like its at 5pm.  So nice for driving back. 

• Like 1

I feel like Dallas put themselves in competitive mode year after year. I only remember they had one high pick in Heiskanen 3AO in recent memory and they jumped to that spot too. They somehow keep finding guys like Robertson, Hintz outside of the first round. 

I hope canucks can start to find elite talent outside of the first round with the current regime...first thing is maybe stop trading second rounders. 

• Like 1
  • There it is 1