The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ECF] Carolina Hurricanes (M1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-0

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Hurricanes in 4
    • Hurricanes in 5
    • Hurricanes in 6
    • Hurricanes in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/21/2023 at 12:00 AM

Rod has Carolina playing solid stingy defence, should be interesting against a strong forechecking but slightly looser Florida team. Everyone counted out Carolina after their injuries but their defence is still solid. As much as I'd want Florida to win I think Carolina plays their game better and wins in 7.

If Bobrovsky can continue his play from the Toronto series then I could see Florida coming out on top. However, recent history has not been in Bobrovsky's favor to consistently play at a high level. I'm going with Hurricanes in 6.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

If Bobrovsky can continue his play from the Toronto series then I could see Florida coming out on top. However, recent history has not been in Bobrovsky's favor to consistently play at a high level. I'm going with Hurricanes in 6.

Yup. Goalie Bob was why Florida won that series. But the Leafs’ big four forwards didn’t get into Bob’s grill. The Canes top guys will make it harder on Bob. We will see the Florida backup. 

41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Goalie Bob was why Florida won that series. But the Leafs’ big four forwards didn’t get into Bob’s grill. The Canes top guys will make it harder on Bob. We will see the Florida backup. 

Besides Carolina's defensive strength, their forward depth is also stronger than TO's. They might be missing top end talent due to injury, but every line has a solid mix of players, including at least one who's not afraid to get to the net. It'll be an interesting series for contrast in styles.

I think Florida will give them a bit of trouble though. Florida's not as green as NJD and is a bigger team overall.

Unrelated to the above, but this will be an interesting series also because all the Staal Brothers still in the NHL are in this one series.

Just now, Crimson-JH said:

Not even Bobby Lu? :/ 

Meh. I appreciate what Luongo did here and I'd be happy to see him win a cup, but he's a Panther through-and-through and that isn't enough to sway to me start cheering for them. 

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Love the way the bunch of jerks are built.  That blueline is too deep for Florida.  Canes in 6.

Florida just beat the Cup favourites in five games. They will beat the Canes. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Florida just beat the Cup favourites in five games. They will beat the Canes. 

Florida beat the Cup favourites in the first round and got gifted a matchup against an AHL team last round.  Carolina beat a very strong New Jersey team and I like their depth better.  Should be a good series.

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Florida beat the Cup favourites in the first round and got gifted a matchup against an AHL team last round.  Carolina beat a very strong New Jersey team and I like their depth better.  Should be a good series.

Alf loves putting the ball on a tee and watching King whack it out of the park. :towel:

Even though the Hurricanes play the most structured out of any team left I can’t bet against Florida right now . They were the best team in the league 1 season ago, they went out and improved their team in the offseason but somehow dropped 30 points in the standings this season. I think they have peaked at the right time. 

Panthers take it in 7.