The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Maple Leafs part ways with GM Kyle Dubas

Rate this topic

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Maple Leafs part ways with GM Kyle Dubas
4 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

This is dumb. Dubas is not the problem. He pulled multiple rabbits out of hats. 

Players are to blame. 

I agree. The way he did gymnastics around the salary cap and always brought in the right complimentary players to support the core will have teams wanting to pick him up. Too bad the core players get jelly knees when the playoff roll around.

12 minutes ago, Mando27 said:

Didn't think he actually did that bad of job, the Leafs just suck lol.

He was horrble. Terrible trades, overpaid Marner, gave AM top dollar but only five year term, low in prospects, no draft picks left, team can't win in the playoffs. How did he do a good job? 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

This is dumb. Dubas is not the problem. He pulled multiple rabbits out of hats. 

Players are to blame. 

What rabbits? Over the hill Ontario boys that are past their prime rabbits?

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

He was horrble. Terrible trades, overpaid Marner, gave AM top dollar but only five year term, low in prospects, no draft picks left, team can't win in the playoffs. How did he do a good job? 

This is what happens when you hire an unqualified analytics dweeb with zero understanding of the sport to do the job of hockey people.  Dubas might get a job running the fryer in the concessions with proper adult supervision.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

I keep hearing what a great job Dubas did. Please enlighten me? Give me the list of great things he did vs his fails. He wasn't a good GM.

So much this. Basically a wish.com version of Gillis at this point. Couldnt prop up the core enough to get over the hump.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1