The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Flames name Craig Conroy as GM

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, UFCanuck said:

Nylander is the obvious guy they should trade. They never should have signed him after they got tavares. 

Dubas was nuts to do that. 

He was their best player in the playoffs yet again. 

Marner is the one they should move easily imo. 

Edited by canuck73_3

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He was ther best player in the playoffs yet again. 

Marner is the one they should move easily imo. 

I don’t think they can easily move Marner. I think his value is hurting due to his playoff appearances, his personal drama and all that, and beyond that there is his cap hit. Not many teams are going to both have the assets the Laffs will want for him and have the ability to absorb an 11million dollar hit to their salary structure. If the Leafs do move him they’ll be getting pennies on the dollar.

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Elliot said they might consider Travis Green as new head coach. @4:00 

Not that crazy.

That roster is much more suited for Greens style. We were trying to force a square peg into a round hole with him here. He needed better assistants too.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, McBackup said:

I don’t think they can easily move Marner. I think his value is hurting due to his playoff appearances, his personal drama and all that, and beyond that there is his cap hit. Not many teams are going to both have the assets the Laffs will want for him and have the ability to absorb an 11million dollar hit to their salary structure. If the Leafs do move him they’ll be getting pennies on the dollar.

No I meant he is easily the one they should move, not that he’s easily moveable. 

Flames are doomed. Lololololol

nonis hahahaha

conroy and possible green 

I didn’t realize they were after a 1st over all draft pick 

aquallini and PA should send flames a thankyou card 

being a below average team and making the playoffs just got easier.
Aquallini master plan coming to be. wait for other teams to get shiftier then plan the last wildcard spot parade. 

Edited by combover
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

45 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not that crazy.

That roster is much more suited for Greens style. We were trying to force a square peg into a round hole with him here. He needed better assistants too.

It's just funny how Flames keep getting Nux cast offs.  Rather than getting better, they seem to be just getting worse every yr. 

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

Elliot said they might consider Travis Green as new head coach. @4:00 

That might be bad news long-term.  If anyone can tank a team to ensure a high pick, it's that idiot.  They don't really have any young talent for him to destroy, so he likely won't for as much long-term damage before he's replaced with a real coach.

50 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No I meant he is easily the one they should move, not that he’s easily moveable. 

Oh yeah I agree. I just think it’s not as simple and straightforward as that. Like I think Garland is the one we should keep out of our superfluous wingers, but based on other factors it may not work out that way.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Now they hire Nonis .....seriously?   Just take all of the Canucks cast offs? The Lames are doomed, whole team is too old now.

Nonis is very good in a supporting role, which is what he'll be doing here.  Read Burke's book if you get a chance for his views on Nonis.  Having an experienced GM for Conroy to ask for guidance but without the power to veto is a good structure for someone new to the role.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Nonis is very good in a supporting role, which is what he'll be doing here.  Read Burke's book if you get a chance for his views on Nonis.  Having an experienced GM for Conroy to ask for guidance but without the power to veto is a good structure for someone new to the role.

Tbh I wonder how things would have went here if we added Nonis with JB in a similar role that he has now. 

Calgary isn't in the worst position in my opinion. 

Yeah not a good year and Hub struggled. However, lots of good players (mostly solid contracts) and a great D-core. I bet they bounce back next season. 

Coaching change will help a lot.