To Chicago:

11OA

Silovs

TWO of Myers, Garland, or Boeser

To Vancouver:

19 OA

2023 second round pick

Conor Murphy

We sell high on Silovs, get back a second round pick, get a serviceable RHD (yes, I know he is older), retain a pick in the first round, and gain cap space.

• Wat 1

Two screw ups on one line.  Sorry I forgot the tag and it should read Selling High, Clearing Cap space.  My apologies to all. That’s what happens when you do something in a hurry.  Mea culpa.

I don't think Chicago bites.  In the past, taking on two contracts like that would cost 2 1st round picks.  Take out the 19th overall and Chicago listens.  This is the seriousness of the predicament the Canucks are in.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I knew that there would be a "Hey, let's trade Silovs...." thread today lol

Stop listening to your Chipmunk classics and Get ‘er done Allvin. :frantic:

Edited by Alflives
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Silov's has only 5 NHL games and a 0.908 s%.  That's a tiny sample size and carries almost no weight.  Silovs just doesn't have any market value yet.  This amounts to a give away.  Pass.

Which is why we’re trading Demko.:frantic:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Crabcakes said:

Another stupid discussion that I heard on 650 today.  Honestly, why do they waste oxygen discussing what will never happen.  I just shut them off.

Because it’s fun! Now relax. 
image.gif.ebdf42113be1cc496d7c1420b9188427.gif

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Another stupid discussion that I heard on 650 today.  Honestly, why do they waste oxygen discussing what will never happen.  I just shut them off.

a) because they have dead air to fill

b) because they have giant egos

c) because they think themselves experts

d) because there has to be something in between the advertisements

e) all of the above

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I don't think Chicago bites.  In the past, taking on two contracts like that would cost 2 1st round picks.  Take out the 19th overall and Chicago listens.  This is the seriousness of the predicament the Canucks are in.

Garland will be bringing back assets, not the other way around. 

Edit: take out the 19th overall?  Are you nuts?  This proposed deal is horribly uneven.  We can get a pick back for Myers this season and it will become a better pick the closer we get to the trade deadline.  

Edited by VancouverHabitant

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Garland will be bringing back assets, not the other way around. 

Hope you're right.  Wingers don't have a ton of trade value and GMs know the Canucks really want to create more space.  I don't see anyone doing the Canucks a favour, when you could possibly sign a winger for cheap and pay no assets in free agency.

I heard an idea on the radio that perhaps you could swap Garland for another teams iffy contract, but a defensemen.  Maybe something like that could be found.

No chance, I firstly wouldn't want to trade the 1st rounder let alone Demko let alone both and certainly not for cap dumps.

Maybe...11OA + Demko to CBJ for the 3rd overall and draft Carlsson, but even then our team is a lot worse in the future, I'd rather taken Reinbacher + Demko + Silovs over Carlsson + Silovs