The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Pierre-Luc Dubois has requested a trade

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

They might have to if they want a shot at him. LA seems pretty intent on going for it. 

And the Habs might have to add. Or just do a straight up 5OA for PLD? The rumoured L.A. offer is better than just the pick switch. 
PLD + 18 for Dach + 5. 
Habs add PLD and don’t give up anything much from their roster. They could even try to dump salary like Anderson or Dvorak. 

58 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And the Habs might have to add. Or just do a straight up 5OA for PLD? The rumoured L.A. offer is better than just the pick switch. 
PLD + 18 for Dach + 5. 
Habs add PLD and don’t give up anything much from their roster. They could even try to dump salary like Anderson or Dvorak. 

Hey Alf!

i proposed trying to use the 11th oa to acquire Dach and @qwijibo hit me with some knowledge. mtl has declined moving dach for Dubois previously and mtl just extended dachs favorite player, Sean Monahan. 

sounds like mtl is standing firm on keeping dach even if that means missing out on Dubois. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

I love PLD to the Kings just to spite the cocky Habs fans pencilling him onto their roster.

The obnoxiously casual “We’ll take him but not giving anything good up because he’s signing here anyways.” Losers.

There was definitely some of that. But a lot of Montreal fans just don’t want to overpay for a guy who’s fallen out of favour with two teams already.  He’s a good player but there are red flags and a lot of fans don’t want a repeat of the Drouin fiasco 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Hey Alf!

i proposed trying to use the 11th oa to acquire Dach and @qwijibo hit me with some knowledge. mtl has declined moving dach for Dubois previously and mtl just extended dachs favorite player, Sean Monahan. 

sounds like mtl is standing firm on keeping dach even if that means missing out on Dubois. 

Montreal is led now by Dumbos. That’s a mistake. PLD and Suzuki are two proven big bopper centres who are hard to play against. Lefty and a righty too. 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Montreal is led now by Dumbos. That’s a mistake. PLD and Suzuki are two proven big bopper centres who are hard to play against. Lefty and a righty too. 

maybe, but Montreal is quite loaded with forwards, 1st oa last year is slotted in on the 4th line, their centers currently are Suzuki, Dach, Evans (rightys) and Monahan, Dvorak and Pitlick as lefty C's

Caufield Suzuki Anderson 

Monahan Dach Gallagher 

Hoffman Dvorak Gurianov

Slafkovsky Evans Armia

Pezetta Ylonen Pitlick

Hopefully Montreal acquires PLD and somehow the Canucks can steal Dach :rolleyes::P

16 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There was definitely some of that. But a lot of Montreal fans just don’t want to overpay for a guy who’s fallen out of favour with two teams already.  He’s a good player but there are red flags and a lot of fans don’t want a repeat of the Drouin fiasco 

That’s fair - if I were a Habs fan I’d feel the same!  Though looks like you may be in store for some late drama! 

Edited by ilduce39

On 6/26/2023 at 12:25 AM, qwijibo said:

What would be the ideal package if the Canadiens were to get Dubois?

I assume Dach, Slafkovsky, Hutson, Caufield/Suzuki, and Mailloux are untouchables. 

Perhaps Guhle, Kidney, and the Florida pick?

27 minutes ago, Odd. said:

What would be the ideal package if the Canadiens were to get Dubois?

I assume Dach, Slafkovsky, Hutson, Caufield/Suzuki, and Mailloux are untouchables. 

Perhaps Guhle, Kidney, and the Florida pick?

I think Guhle is untouchable. Mailloux could probably be had.  Problem for Montreal is that the Jets are reportedly not looking to rebuild so they want NHL players. Not pure futures.  Montreal really only has futures to offer (beyond the untouchables) 

Edited by qwijibo