The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bear, Juulsen, Burroughs talks “very quiet”, could be UFA’s

Odd.

I'd keep Burroughs, he can play the odd 18 minutes a night. Right now we have 3 NHL guys under contract and a load of 6-8th guys. If we let them all go we have a LOT of replacing to do.

I don't mind letting everyone walk but then we need to sign one top 4 defenceman, ideally two and then one bottom pairing guy and either a depth guy or hope Abby can lend us one of their top guys.

I'd be happy with Graves, Soucy and then a trade for a top-4 RD, that should cover all our holes. Good luck getting that done.

Hughes - Peeke

Graves - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Rathbone

Hirose

Edited by DownUndaCanuck

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I'd keep Burroughs, he can play the odd 18 minutes a night. Right now we have 3 NHL guys under contract and a load of 6-8th guys. If we let them all go we have a LOT of replacing to do.

I don't mind letting everyone walk but then we need to sign one top 4 defenceman, ideally two and then one bottom pairing guy and either a depth guy or hope Abby can lend us one of their top guys.

I'd be happy with Graves, Soucy and then a trade for a top-4 RD, that should cover all our holes. Good luck getting that done.

Hughes - Peeke

Graves - Hronek

Soucy - Myers

Rathbone

Hirose

If Columbus wanted to clear cap space for a bigger name C, I wonder if there’s a cap dump trade available for Roslovic (retained) and Peeke?

6 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

If Columbus wanted to clear cap space for a bigger name C, I wonder if there’s a cap dump trade available for Roslovic (retained) and Peeke?

A big name C you say!?  Like JT Mi... -never mind. 

Sure would be cool to have that 3rd overall pick though :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

As instrumental as JTM will be to our playoff hopes, I agree you have to listen if 3OA is on the table

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Maybe they go for Scheifele or Lindholm?

Roslovic (50% retained) and Peeke for?…

12 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Miller + Rathbone for Roslovic + Peeke

If it's not fair we swap firsts and maybe give them Hoglander too, big deal

They have cap space for it to be honest

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Miller + Rathbone for Roslovic + Peeke

If it's not fair we swap firsts and maybe give them Hoglander too, big deal

They have cap space for it to be honest

I’d want a lot more for Miller. I see Roslovic and Peeke as distressed assets / reclaimation projects.

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

As instrumental as JTM will be to our playoff hopes, I agree you have to listen if 3OA is on the table

I have advocated for moving JTM but it's more of a philosophical position.  I actually quite like the player and the person.  I just think that if we are hoping to win soon then we need to really swing for the fences with some aggressive moves.  If not then we need to rebuild (at least to a degree).  Either way moving JTM seems to fit the bill and a 3OA pick (especially this year) would certainly help a rebuild without setting us back too far. (if at all)

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

I’d want a lot more for Miller. I see Roslovic and Peeke as distressed assets / reclaimation projects.

Miller + 11OA + Rathbone for 3OA + Roslovic + Peeke

2M cap space with Miller gone, sign Graves for 5-6M, draft Leo Carlsson and suddenly we're cooking. Next year we have two 3Cs, the next year onwards we have two 1Cs

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Beauvillier - Roslovic - Boeser

Garland - Carlsson - Hoglander

Joshua - Aman - PDG

Hughes - Peeke

Graves - Hronek

Hirose - Myers

Rathbone

To be honest we might even have enough space to sign Soucy for 5D.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

NHL rumours states that Vancouver is apparently looking at trading Bears rights or the like....sure.  makes sense?

https://nhlrumors.com/nhl-trade-rumors-red-wings-senators-stars-flyers-hurricanes-canucks-islanders-and-devils/2023/06/28/

Lol. Posted at the same time. 

Are there any limitations trading an injured player in the off-season?

It makes a little sense, if they were resigning him to play with Huggy, and he will miss the first few months. We’ll need the cap space to find another partner?

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Given the injury I don’t expect we’d get as much back than as typical. 

We paid a 5th. Would be happy to get that much back for RFA rights of an injured player. Maybe he’ll be part of something bigger?

Edited by Kenny Powers

2 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

We paid a 5th. Would be happy to get that much back for RFA rights of an injured player. Maybe he’ll be part of something bigger?

Perhaps but I only see rebuildingish teams willing to take on an injured RFA.  Maybe a trade down scenario where we see a lot of cap out and maybe a player coming back. 

Connor Murphy/Ethan Bear swap plus 19th for 11 plus a couple cap dumps from our wingers/Myers. 

Murphy on a pretty killer deal for the next 3 years for what he brings and is still 30 till 2024 late in the season right before playoff time. We’d get him in the rest of his prime. 

We get a bunch of cap and a top 4 RH Defensive D on a good contract for 3 seasons. Still hate to see 11th drop to 19th so IDK. I prefer more younger NHLers. 

• Cheers 1