The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] New Goal Song?

Rate this topic

audiodave

Should we get a new goal song?  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Leave out the intro and first verse. Crank it after that and you have a raucous, rocky, immediately catchy tune with a compellingly appropriate lyric that you can scream out at that ultimate moment. You can all cease your music searches now:P

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

Absolutely anything is an improvement over the abomination of what they are using currently 

Maybe it was just the whole “Bruce there it is!” ride but it started to grow on me.

Helped that they were scoring at a high rate then too. Honestly if they’re scoring and winning they can play “It’s raining men” for all I care. :lol:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, gottalovethosenucks said:

Absolutely anything is an improvement over the abomination of what they are using currently 

Not really, the suggestions in this thread are equally asinine. 

Whatever the goal song is, people are going to complain about it.

• Cheers 2

Was watching one of my favourite youtuber music reviewers today and he reviewed Clutch-Electric Worry and a couple of there songs and summed it up perfectly, “this sounds like an outback steakhouse ad” I couldn’t quite explain why I dislike that song but now I can’t unhear that :lol:

Our last couple DJs have been horrible. 

Our skate out songs have been a joke. 
I want to run and hide?   How Canucks. 

The Canucks franchise are just totally clueless when it comes to keeping up with the beat of the fans.  

They will mess it up regardless and I fully expect our next goal song to be something stupid like Mambo #5 and our next skate out song to be Why Can’t We Be Friends?

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

The Canucks franchise are just totally clueless when it comes to keeping up with the beat of the fans.  

They will mess it up regardless and I fully expect our next goal song to be something stupid like Mambo #5 and our next skate out song to be Why Can’t We Be Friends?

There was nothing wrong with that U2 song back then. Despite the lyric 'I want to run and hide' (which is only one line in the verse), the song had a great energy. Not that it should be brought back.

Same with 'Holiday' as the goal song..just move on.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

The guitar work is the part that's important. It doesn't even get to the lyrics. 

It would be like being angry at Shine on you crazy diamond, before the lyrics kick in. 

• Cheers 1

On 8/8/2023 at 10:57 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

The guitar work is the part that's important. It doesn't even get to the lyrics. 

It would be like being angry at Shine on you crazy diamond, before the lyrics kick in. 

The guitar work isn't that good to begin with. U2 has their suck knob stuck on 11

14 hours ago, Meh said:

The guitar work isn't that good to begin with. U2 has their suck knob stuck on 11

Opinions are like assholes.Everybody has got one.

The guitar work is good, and unique, and the band has been a massive success. Again, the song worked very well for an intro song for the Canucks for a number of years (Sedin era) , and I don't want to see it re visited. 

Since then, they've gone through a multitude of cringeworthy forgettable heavy rock intro's. This has matched the product on the ice the last 8 years.

10 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

Opinions are like assholes.Everybody has got one.

The guitar work is good, and unique, and the band has been a massive success. Again, the song worked very well for an intro song for the Canucks for a number of years (Sedin era) , and I don't want to see it re visited. 

Since then, they've gone through a multitude of cringeworthy forgettable heavy rock intro's. This has matched the product on the ice the last 8 years.

Agree to disagree, being successful does not negate the suck factor. Plus Bono is a douche bag.