The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Upgrades

Rate this topic

Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He doesn't because of injuries and he's a swiss army knife that can play up or down the roster. That is the literal opposite of a hinderance. 

Sure that's true ... we just have a difference of opinion. I mean a hinderance to having $5 mil available in cap space. I'm honestly not trying to be an ahole. It's just my honest assessment right or wrong.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And producing so his cap is a nothingburger, 50ish point players are about $5million now... 

We just have completely different views on how to build a team, and that's fine. It has nothing to do with his production, he could have 5 points and I wouldn't care. It's all about the Benjamin's imo. We need cap space to get better and he's the most logical casualty imo. Simply about numbers.

Every player in the NHL is very good at hockey and I would keep all of them $$ permitting.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sure that's true ... we just have a difference of opinion. I mean a hinderance to having $5 mil available in cap space. I'm honestly not trying to be an ahole. It's just my honest assessment right or wrong.

I think you're both right to a degree.  If you can get something for Garland then you would be wise to do so.  If it takes any kind of "sweetener" then no thanks.  Hang on to him.  @canuck73_3 is right in that Garland is a solid player who has value on the ice.  

If there's some trade value (and I don't think that there is) then move him.  If not then play him.  He's quite useful imo.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I think you're both right to a degree.  If you can get something for Garland then you would be wise to do so.  If it takes any kind of "sweetener" then no thanks.  Hang on to him.  @canuck73_3 is right in that Garland is a solid player who has value on the ice.  

If there's some trade value (and I don't think that there is) then move him.  If not then play him.  He's quite useful imo.

Yeah I can agree with that. I definitely wouldn't pay to move him I don't think. It's fairly obvious I believe that we are cap strapped like most of the league. He's just the first name that pops out at me when I look at unwanted contracts with sizable dollars which could translate into parts we need. There isn't a forward I wouldn't move besides Petey and Miller. He just makes the most sense.

@canuck73_3 isn't wrong though I'm not a fan of his endless spinning in the corners, as intricate as it might be. I think he's one of those rare players whose skill outweighs his usefulness. Like all small players you need to excel at certain aspects to make an impact and I just honestly don't think he does that.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Nope, I just don't think he benefits our team much at $5 mil a season. He never seems to find a permanent line to play on imho. Correct me if I'am wrong there. I don't dislike him I just think he's a major obstacle to the Canucks purchasing better players to fit our team. There is only so much cap to go around.

3 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah I can agree with that. I definitely wouldn't pay to move him I don't think. It's fairly obvious I believe that we are cap strapped like most of the league. He's just the first name that pops out at me when I look at unwanted contracts with sizable dollars which could translate into parts we need. There isn't a forward I wouldn't move besides Petey and Miller. He just makes the most sense.

@canuck73_3 isn't wrong though I'm not a fan of his endless spinning in the corners, as intricate as it might be. I think he's one of those rare players whose skill outweighs his usefulness. Like all small players you need to excel at certain aspects to make an impact and I just honestly don't think he does that.

I guess you never saw mighty mouse cartoons.... Garlund is like the mouse in my house that gets the cheeze and doesnt get caught. He can play on any line because he gets the puck. They should stick him with Boeser full time because Garlund draws 2 guys and Boeser is open. Garlund just needs to start looking.

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I guess you never saw mighty mouse cartoons.... Garlund is like the mouse in my house that gets the cheeze and doesnt get caught. He can play on any line because he gets the puck. They should stick him with Boeser full time because Garlund draws 2 guys and Boeser is open. Garlund just needs to start looking.

Yeah that's true, Garland is so busy doing spinaramas his teammates have a hard time reading and getting open for passes. When they do his back is usually turned against the wall.

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah that's true, Garland is so busy doing spinaramas his teammates have a hard time reading and getting open for passes. When they do his back is usually turned against the wall.

that cycle on the boards was the big complaint about the sedins 20 years ago. be patient. Garlund will learn where Brock is waiting with his snipe. And all the sudden worth his cap

13 hours ago, EastCoastNucks said:

that cycle on the boards was the big complaint about the sedins 20 years ago. be patient. Garlund will learn where Brock is waiting with his snipe. And all the sudden worth his cap

I will try just for you. ::D Honestly though my patience is about gone on this failed trade. Hopefully he proves me wrong and gets 70 points on Miller's line if he remains with the team. I'm expecting more parlor tricks from him though and bouncing around the line-up. Would so much prefer we had Guenther playing for us instead.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/new-canucks-scoreboard-rogers-arena

The new Canucks scoreboard has been installed at Rogers Arena

Rob Williams
The new Canucks scoreboard has been installed at Rogers Arena
Stephanie Woo/Daily Hive | Rosario Ardita

Fans attending a Sam Smith concert in Vancouver on Tuesday night got a sneak peek at a new addition to Rogers Arena. The Vancouver Canucks’ brand new scoreboard has been installed, though it wasn’t in operation during the concert.

It did hang from high above the arena floor though.

Here’s what it looks like:

new canucks scoreboard

The new scoreboard (Darcy Matheson/Daily Hive)

new canucks scoreboard

The view from below (Rosario Ardita)

new canucks scoreboard

The scoreboard is raised higher for concerts (Stephanie Woo/Daily Hive)

Fans attending an arena tour in June noticed that the Canucks’ scoreboard was missing.

The previous scoreboard at Rogers Arena had four main LED screens that were 14 x 24 feet long, with a resolution exceeding 300,000 pixels per screen. By comparison, video screens on the Oilers’ scoreboard at Rogers Place in Edmonton, which opened in 2016, are 38 x 22 feet in size.

The Canucks have previously declined to comment on renovations to their arena, which appear to have been extensive since last season ended and include the installation of brand new seats and an apparent high-end restaurant.

The new scoreboard is presumably bigger and better than the old one, though we won’t get to see it in action for a hockey game until September 30 when the Canucks host their first preseason game.

• Like 2

Lol Aquilini is determined to cram a restaurant into every corner of that arena he can…

Looks like nice upgrades though. Does this mean our scoreboard is bigger than the Oilers now. :bigblush:

Was hoping they would announce a new practice facility as part of phase 3 but I guess that’s gonna take longer.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

'Fans can look forward to a new video board that is almost four times larger (1300 SF per side vs 350 SF) than the previous screen. A high refresh rate of 3840Hz (3,840 times per second) and stronger contrast ratio will also result in a clearer image and more vibrant colours. Lastly, the video board is engineered with a modern seamless curve, allowing viewing angles from all areas in the arena.

Along with the video board, a new video 'ring beam' will extend around the entire bowl, delivering high quality game information, messages, and animations. There will also be 64 new digital screens installed above every bowl entrance. Programmed and integrated together, each of these new features will greatly improve the fan experience and game entertainment elements at Rogers Arena."

Sounds good.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, CanuckRookieFan said:

For the new 60 seat ViP club, the meal and the game are included with each purchase? So it's like club 500?

Maybe without the noise.

I think much more expensive.  

Edited by BCNeil
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, BCNeil said:

Maybe without the noise.  

I’m sure people who are paying like $600 a ticket are really gonna get pumped up when the players walk by. :lol:

I can picture it now “honey who are those guys?” “I dunno the lacrosse team? I don’t really follow sports…” 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Lol Aquilini is determined to cram a restaurant into every corner of that arena he can…

Looks like nice upgrades though. Does this mean our scoreboard is bigger than the Oilers now. :bigblush:

Was hoping they would announce a new practice facility as part of phase 3 but I guess that’s gonna take longer.

Even if I can't afford them, and even if it makes Aquaman money, I count restaurants and things like that as "amenities" and the more of those I can get, even if I don't use them, the better.

In fact, the new seats are a little wider. I guess they are going to sacrifice a few singles (there is one next to me for example) to fit them in. I sat in one during the ticket event and the new black ones are MUCH better.

If they want to colour code it or whatever, then fine. I didn't think they were get it all done next summer (I thought it was going to take two more summers after this) but I was happy with the idea of EVENTUALLY getting a nicer, more comfortable seat either way.

The old scoreboard was beginning to break (it glitched and had dead spots) anyways.

But yes, kudos to these things, much more Rockey Wirtz than Bill Wirtz.