The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Topic} Odds say Canucks miss playoffs

Rate this topic

Hairy Kneel

20 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I don't pay attention to to these mid summer hockey filler articles. Great they don't find Vancouver making the playoffs. Hell, Jeff Patterson (not a Canucks Army contributor) probably finds them finishing last who cares?

I look at that list and the team that pops out at me is the Calgary Flames. With all the disarray and turmoil in that front off and on the ice I see a drop off from last season. People forget Calgary tied Vancouver in games won. (17 OT losses). I see Calgary the team dropping n the standings and LA not quite as good. 

There's a few toss ups in the Pacific division and counting Vancouver out of the playoffs in the middle of the 2023 summer is pretty funny. Not to be payed attention to. 

I guess the rationale with the Flames is that, if a team that basically checked out on their coach only missed the playoffs by a couple of points. What if there's actually a coach the team will respond with.

I can't actually say if the Flames will make the playoffs but considering that as a factor and that Flames have outshot their opponents in most of the games they lost, there is a pathway for them to make playoffs. 

LA to me is for real. So we have Edmonton and Vegas. Add that Seattle could still get better. The Pacific isn't as easy as it once was. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I guess the rationale with the Flames is that, if a team that basically checked out on their coach only missed the playoffs by a couple of points. What if there's actually a coach the team will respond with.

I can't actually say if the Flames will make the playoffs but considering that as a factor and that Flames have outshot their opponents in most of the games they lost, there is a pathway for them to make playoffs. 

LA to me is for real. So we have Edmonton and Vegas. Add that Seattle could still get better. The Pacific isn't as easy as it once was. 

Seattle will be back to being awful next season. They are a sub 80 point team. Krappen will be Kraperolla. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Shekky said:

if the Flames get in over Vancouver I'd be surprised they are a complete mess especially after last year but who knows new coaching just may be what they needed.

yeah not sure what make the Flames a 95 point team. Are they planning on Marky bouncing back? If so they better plan for a healthy Demko. It’s only fair 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Maninthebox said:

Hopefully 'we' can steal a wildcard spot from the central. 

We are getting 105 points this coming season. That’s for sure going to be at least a WC spot. More likely that gets us top 2 in our Division. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are getting 105 points this coming season. That’s for sure going to be at least a WC spot. More likely that gets us top 2 in our Division. 

Optimism is a fine thing to have when one is thirsty, but that's a tall glass of water sir. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, hammertime said:

We do this every offseason. Sign a couple guys and we fans get all excited. Buy season tickets and we get the same on ice product. 2 4Cs a couple 5Ds and no backup goalie is not the breath of fresh air everyone is clamouring about. It's a step in the right direction of it works. But riding Demko like a rented mule and having Miller as the only physical presence in our top 9 I'm sorry if I'm not as inspired as everyone else. 

Exactly as ive been saying.

Soucy was our best pickup and will make a difference.  I like suter and blueger but they are all depth pieces.   

The team is too small, too soft,  and has too many players that can only have one dimension to their game.  

It needs at minimum another top 4, and a top 6 forward with size. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Exactly as ive been saying.

Soucy was our best pickup and will make a difference.  I like suter and blueger but they are all depth pieces.   

The team is too small, too soft,  and has too many players that can only have one dimension to their game.  

It needs at minimum another top 4, and a top 6 forward with size. 

We have an elite core. Adding “depth pieces” is exactly what we needed to do and are doing. New management is removing the Benning stain too. 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We have an elite core. Adding “depth pieces” is exactly what we needed to do and are doing. New management is removing the Benning stain too. 

Yes it sure is elite when theyve accomplished absolutely zero for 5 years.  

This is the issue with nuck fans like alf- they are brainwashed into thinking the team is better than it actually is. 

Petey, Hughes, miller, kuz aren't enough- the team needs at minimum 3 elite players if it intends to ever compete for anything of relevance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

I don't pay attention to to these mid summer hockey filler articles. Great they don't find Vancouver making the playoffs. Hell, Jeff Patterson (not a Canucks Army contributor) probably finds them finishing last who cares?

I look at that list and the team that pops out at me is the Calgary Flames. With all the disarray and turmoil in that front off and on the ice I see a drop off from last season. People forget Calgary tied Vancouver in games won. (17 OT losses). I see Calgary the team dropping n the standings and LA not quite as good. 

There's a few toss ups in the Pacific division and counting Vancouver out of the playoffs in the middle of the 2023 summer is pretty funny. Not to be payed attention to. 

I posted it to break the quiet of summer to discuss our Canucks. My dark horse on the roster is Silovs. If he cam be 500 or better. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

This is the issue with nuck fans like alf- they are brainwashed into thinking the team is better than it actually is. 

Petey, Hughes, miller, kuz aren't enough- the team needs at minimum 3 elite players if it intends to ever compete for anything of relevance. 

You kinda threw up 4 players who are already "elite" when you look at 20 other teams. And there is Boeser, Demko, who are understated at the moment but have both been to the All-Stars for a reason.

The talk about Boeser reminds me of when Naslund was around and everyone was talking and complaining about the "Sedin sisters" 

So, you got Miller and Petey who both have had over 100 point seasons, Daniel and Hendrick only got that in 2010 and 2011, ten years after they were drafted.

Boeser has his beast seasons ahead of him, Kuz just started, Miller and Petterson are there, even check out Garlunds numbers comparied to Morrison, Alex Burrows, Cliff Ronning....

If you wanna make some real money bet your house on the canucks making the playoffs.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Oh is that a fact? ::D Is that how Vegas won last year. :lol: What about Demko in your list?

It takes a TEAM with good COACHING to win, picking out a couple of players and saying that is what it takes to win is ludicrous. 

We are a stronger team this year, thats no doubt. Are we a complete team yet? I don't think so. 

Odds are just that, Odds not for sures. Any team in the league is an injury or a trade away from competing for the playoffs or not. Its far too early to make a decision on who or who isn't going to make the playoffs at this point.

• Cheers 3

12 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I posted it to break the quiet of summer to discuss our Canucks. My dark horse on the roster is Silovs. If he cam be 500 or better. 

That's a pretty damn good dark horse pick. The games he played with the big club last season were impressive. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Dumb slander is dumb. 

I mean it's not really slander if it's true. What is he doing hanging out with highschool girls at all picking her up from class etc? And banging the teams reporter on the side. The guy's a creep he may or may not have broken the law doesn't make him not a creep.