The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

{Topic} Odds say Canucks miss playoffs

Rate this topic

Hairy Kneel

2 hours ago, aqua59 said:

That's a pretty damn good dark horse pick. The games he played with the big club last season were impressive. 

I always point to the Boston game which was one of his first starts. We were ravaged by injuries/poor depth at the time going up against the best team in the NHL, and he keeps it a 2-1 game up until the final couple minutes. I also think his performance at the World Championship fast tracked his development. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Pears said:

I always point to the Boston game which was one of his first starts. We were ravaged by injuries/poor depth at the time going up against the best team in the NHL, and he keeps it a 2-1 game up until the final couple minutes. I also think his performance at the World Championship fast tracked his development. 

I just dont want to lose him on a trade. Would rather Martin get the relaxed second position to show what he can do and then be a resource for trades rather than a liability. Martin is good enough. He had too much pressure being the only one. Silvos needs more time in AHL as a top goalie, maybe coming up after we trade Martin mid season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I just dont want to lose him on a trade. Would rather Martin get the relaxed second position to show what he can do and then be a resource for trades rather than a liability. Martin is good enough. He had too much pressure being the only one. Silvos needs more time in AHL as a top goalie, maybe coming up after we trade Martin mid season

Delia won more games than he lost and no one blinked when the Jets scooped him up on free agency. I bet the Jets play him against Van every game this year and he kills it. We need to protect Silvos by playing our time with him in AHL and exposing Martin to the drama of NHL where he will actually do better to push Demko than Silvos would. Silvos needs more games than a backup

3 hours ago, aqua59 said:

That's a pretty damn good dark horse pick. The games he played with the big club last season were impressive. 

i love me some shexy silovs but the only way he plays a lot is if demko/martin get injured or suck badly and it would be likely that the season will be lost by then. 

I am still laughing at "overwhelmingly cautiously optimistic".

I don't think we'll make playoffs as i think training camp will produce mixed big lines at the expense of our scoring. Tocchet last year kept petey and kuz away from each other far too much and doing so again will doom this team. I think we'll be a better defensive team (not like we can be much worse) but i think our scoring will plunge and it'll cost us in the games we need to win in a tight division. I think boeser-miller will be a weaker link too. Be great to be wrong with kuz-pettey killing it and miller continuing but i don't see it.

Edited by OldFaithfulCap
x

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

Delia won more games than he lost and no one blinked when the Jets scooped him up on free agency. I bet the Jets play him against Van every game this year and he kills it. We need to protect Silvos by playing our time with him in AHL and exposing Martin to the drama of NHL where he will actually do better to push Demko than Silvos would. Silvos needs more games than a backup

Don't worry guys we have Tolopilo and Sawchenko and this other guy doesn't talk much but our guys can't beat him in practice so we're good. 

Oilers vs. Canucks Postgame: Shooter Tutors - OilersNation

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Seeing the offseason moves so far I'm thinking it will be 

Vegas

Los Angeles

Edmonton

Seattle

Vancouver/Calgary (chance at wild card) 

Calgary/Vancouver

Anaheim

San Jose

Edmonton

Vancouver

LA

Seattle

Vegas

Calgary

Anaheim

San Jose

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Found to be baseless because the woman didn't come forward to press charges and want to get dragged by Coles legal team. It's odd that this stuff doesn't come up in regards to the Sedins or other class acts of the league but it's like flies on excrememnt of the scum of the league. Suspicious. 

So you believe Cole is a child rapist/groomer?

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I sure hope not. What I do believe is that garbage smells. Regardless of there being any truth to the accusations the scent of garbage seems to follow Cole. 

But if the garbage is fabricated does it really smell? 

• Cheers 1

I sure hope not. What I do believe is that garbage smells. Regardless of there being any truth to the accusations the scent of garbage seems to follow Cole. 

Exactly.

Hes had issues with being a creep in several places.  Most see it, but sadly a few here are too excited fantasizing about new players to care. 

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 2

who cares about the smell if he can PK and cover for Hughes or Horonek when they pinch. If he can fight off a 2 or 3 on one a few times, make some big hits, I dont care if he has weird bedroom fetishes.

5 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Exactly.

Hes had issues with being a creep in several places.  Most see it, but sadly a few here are too excited fantasizing about new players to care. 

until someone breaks the law, being a creep is not a reason to judge anyone. Thats the problem with today's society, social judgment is more important than what someone acually does.

7 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

who cares about the smell if he can PK and cover for Hughes or Horonek when they pinch. If he can fight off a 2 or 3 on one a few times, make some big hits, I dont care if he has weird bedroom fetishes.

1 minute ago, EastCoastNucks said:

until someone breaks the law, being a creep is not a reason to judge anyone. Thats the problem with today's society, social judgment is more important than what someone acually does.

Maybe I am misinterpreting but your posts are starting to get weirder and weirder. I hope you are not suggesting that a grown man having relations with a minor is a "bedroom fetish", it's actually completely psychotic behaviour. And no being a "creep" is absolutely a reason to judge a person. Just because someone hasn't broken the law doesn't mean that they haven't engaged in behaviour that is problematic. There are lots of creeps that haven't been convicted in a court of law, it doesn't mean they aren't reprehensible people.

You can defend Cole without defending the behaviour/actions that he has been accused of. The accusations against Cole are unfounded and since there is no person who has come forward and attached their name to the allegation and they emerged as an anonymous online post, they don't hold any credibility. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

Exactly.

Seems like you both believe the allegations. Considering how serious the allegations are, one has to question why you're still here supporting this franchise. I certainly wouldn't be if I were convinced the franchise I were a fan of had just given a contract to a child rapist and groomer. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

John Shannon thinks they'll be battling for 3rd in the division, I don't put too much into these types of articles. Honestly if they win at the pace they did last year under Tocchet and company, they'll have a playoff spot locked up by early April

you know that pace is skewed right? because we played non playoff teams 60% of the time since tocchet took over.. if we balance it out over 82 game pace where we play 50% playoff teams and 50% non playoff teams we end up at 96 point just 1 point ahead of winnipeg last year.. so if we follow his pace against the playoffs and the non playoff team.. we may squeak in on the last day lol we ain't locking anything down if we followed tocchet's pace.. all the bottom feeder teams have also gotten better.. i doubt we are going 14-3-3 pace against them.

Edited by wai_lai416