The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Maple Leafs re-sign Auston Matthews

14 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

so.. there goes any hope of re-signing Nylander??

Looks like Petey is gonna ask for at least $12M AAV

He can ask for anything he wants. The question is what he would get and he would only get that if he improved his play even more so this upcoming season. It all depends on him. 

Edited by grandmaster

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’d move neither :emot-parrot:

Me either, but if we had to, I would start a bidding war and see who would offer what and take the best offer if it’s significant enough. 

I bet Philadelphia regrets acquiring Lindros. Not because he sucked, but because of what the cost was and how it greatly benefited the Nordiques/Avalanche.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Citizen Erased said:

Me either, but if we had to, I would start a bidding war and see who would offer what and take the best offer if it’s significant enough. 

I bet Philadelphia regrets acquiring Lindros. Not because he sucked, but because of what the cost was and how it greatly benefited the Nordiques/Avalanche.

Good point. 

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Check Bob’s WAR chart at the top of this page. 2 or 3 of those you listed don’t even come close

I would take everyone of those players over Mathews, with no hesitation.  I'd probably take Jack Hughes and Petey over him too.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Replace Point with AM. Point doesn’t belong there 

He's far better defensively and doesn't have the same effort issues that Mathews does.  Very underrated player who can do it all at an extremely high level.  I'd also put Kucherov and Draisitl over AM.

Edited by King Heffy