The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks name Quinn Hughes as captain

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I think Myers will be gone before the start of the season, just from a cap standpoint. He's our easiest guy to trade due to the balance remaining on his deal. All things being equal, I'd keep him till the deadline, but if Pearson is back, we'd need someone else to go down on LTIR before the start of the season to make that work. Now, if it was Myers who went down for 3 - 4 months on LTIR, that could really work out well for us as his value would go up significantly around the deadline.

There are 4 teams in the league that can currently fit him under their cap without looking at LTIR.  
We would need to take back a contract or LTIR player from anyone else which would kind of defeat the purpose. 

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Mik miss preseason and be on IR for day 1 cap purposes. Rare we get of camp without an injury too. 
Worst deal PA has made was the one he made to get us under the cap last year. Hopefully better showing this year.  He made a nice recovery though getting a decent asset for Stillman. 

45 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

How does Pete feel? I wonder if this factors into his next contract.

dont think he cares. 

i think the fans and media care more than any of the players care. 

and anyway- this core including petey doesnt have a right to be annoyed or pissed about anything- theyve accomplished zero. 

Edited by EddieVedder

Great player. Not my choice for captain.

it feels forced, like the Luongo captaincy. Like they named Quinn captain in a bid to tether him to the franchise a bit more to keep New Jersey from poaching him. My other thought is that this is a tell. That Petey is not long for Vancouver after this season.

I’ll still cheer for him and this team, but something is off about this whole thing.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 6