The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

4 minutes ago, brilac said:

It's snowing in Seattle!  I hope it sticks.  I love snow.  It's nice, I am cleaning, tidying up, doing laundry, and listening to NKOTB. It's one of their newer albums, I think 2010 or sooner. 

This is the “Old Kids On The Block”.  

• Like 1

It's still snowing in Seattle.  I got up this morning, got ready and headed to the bus, but the buses to downtown did not come.  I walked up the hill to the stop before that, and no buses.  And it's windy out. So I am working from home. 

Special weather statement for Metro Vancouver:

Special weather statement in effect for:

• City of Vancouver - including Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta
  • North Shore - including West Vancouver and North Vancouver

...Snow for the South Coast Thursday night and Friday...
...Bitterly cold arctic outflow winds Friday night and Saturday...

Cold, clear and fairly calm conditions prevail over the South Coast this morning thanks to a stagnant arctic airmass that still has the entire province under its wintery grip.

But beginning late Thursday a fresh infusion of arctic air will descend through the province. Increasing moisture ahead of this arctic blast will give snow to most of the South Coast beginning Thursday night. Snow will continue through Friday. Most areas will receive at least a few centimetres of accumulation by late Friday. However, there is potential for much higher accumulations over some regions. The most recent weather models suggest the areas favoured for higher accumulations will be East and Inland Vancouver Island, Greater Victoria and the Fraser Valley.

Snow will start to ease Friday night as bitterly cold outflow winds start to pour out of the mainland inlets and valleys. The arctic outflow will be strongest over Howe Sound-Whistler, the Fraser Valley, Greater Victoria and the southern Gulf Islands. These areas will experience bitterly cold windchill temperatures and reduced visibilities in blowing snow.

Forecasts will be refined as confidence increases in computer model data. Snowfall and/or Arctic Outflow warnings may be issued.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• Cheers 1