The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

3 minutes ago, Cerridwen said:

It's snowing here AGAIN...... STILL...... the Fraser is frozen over for the first time in many years... the only bonus to more snow is that allergy season gets postponed a little longer. Here in the Cariboo the comment is, "Oh, is it white $&!#ting again?" So done, done, and DONE with this crap. :frantic::mad::frantic:

Years ago I was talking to an Aunt in Bills Puddle (Williams Lake) and she talked about it snowing in October, then clarified that it snows earlier than that, but when it snows in Oct. they keep it till March.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Years ago I was talking to an Aunt in Bills Puddle (Williams Lake) and she talked about it snowing in October, then clarified that it snows earlier than that, but when it snows in Oct. they keep it till March.

Places like Calgary (yes it's a pimple on the landscape) have recorded measurable snow every month of the year.  My brother-in-law came out from Calgary (years ago) one August for a golfing holiday.  He almost missed his flight, because there was a blizzard in Cow town, and the roads were a nightmare.  Ha Ha Ha!!!!    

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

That describes it to a 'T'!! First snow in October and hopefully it's all gone by March. We have a tonne of snow right now and I can't see it all melting in the next 7 days, though. It doesn't help when you get 50 cm of snow in one day alone.... more the previous day and then several more after that....and all in the mid/tail end of February!  Time to book a trip to Hawaii or Australia! :lol:

Edited by Cerridwen

I find there are three types of drivers in this weather:

1. Drivers that are extremely slow, and going well under the speed limit.

2. Drivers that are cautious, not extremely slow nor extremely fast - are at a reasonable speed limit given the bad conditions.

3. Drivers that think it's 'cool' to drive fast, maybe do some drifts or even tailgate - having no care for other drivers on the road.

#1 doesn't bother me as much, as I know they are being cautious, but I do have a bigger problem with #3.

As I gaze out at the 4 FEET of snow stacked atop my garden shed, I really am feeling for you guys in the Lower Mainland. I lived in Vancouver for 3 years and can fully appreciate the difficulties that any amount of snow causes for you all! Wishing you all the best and hope that there are no Donner Party incidents in store for any of you! :P:lol:B)

Edited by Cerridwen

Anyone who has travelled or lived North of Prince George know's that in fact BC does in fact get fridgid temperatures and loads of powder. Powder King Mountain in the Pine pass has the most snow fall out of all resorts in BC last I checked. To say that all of BC has wet snow is just simply not true. I lived in Charlie lake community just North of Fort St. John for 8 years. The whole entire Northeast Corner of the province has light fluffy powder. The roads are pure ice for 6 months of the year.

• Upvote 1