Canucks Community

OMG Snow?

CanucksFan415

Snowfall warning for Metro Vancouver:

Snowfall warning in effect for:

• City of Vancouver - including Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • North Shore - including West Vancouver and North Vancouver

Snowfall with total amounts of 10 to 15 cm is expected.

An approaching Pacific frontal system will bring precipitation to the south coast this afternoon. Rain over Metro Vancouver and Fraser Valley will change to wet snow or snow mixed with rain late this afternoon into early evening.

Over the North Shore, northeast sections of Metro Vancouver and city of Vancouver, especially over higher terrain, wet snow will taper off to a few rain showers or flurries before Tuesday morning. Total accumulation of 10 to 15 cm are possible over higher terrain.

Over the Fraser Valley, Snow mixed with rain this evening will continue into Tuesday morning. Snow accumulations of 5 to 10 cm are possible before the snow changes to a few rain showers midday Tuesday.

Rapidly accumulating snow could make travel difficult over some locations. Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times in heavy snow.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #BCStorm.

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Special weather statement for Metro Vancouver:

Special weather statement in effect for:

• Metro Vancouver - central including the City of Vancouver Burnaby and New Westminster
  • Metro Vancouver - North Shore including West Vancouver and North Vancouver
  • Metro Vancouver - northeast including Coquitlam and Maple Ridge
  • Metro Vancouver - southeast including Surrey and Langley
  • Metro Vancouver - southwest including Richmond and Delta

Higher elevations of Metro Vancouver and portions of the Fraser Valley are likely to receive small accumulations of snow tonight.

A front moving southward along the B.C. coast will meet a somewhat cool airmass in place over the lower mainland early this evening. Initially, precipitation will be a mix of snow and rain and 2 to 4 cm can be expected over higher terrain and in the Fraser Valley. Up to 5 cm is forecast for the eastern Fraser Valley.

Precipitation will transition to rain near midnight over Metro Vancouver while the eastern Fraser Valley may remain as snow until Friday morning.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to BCstorm@canada.ca or tweet

https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?bc42

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unacceptable.  After Christmas, winter had better be OVER with (hate winter).

Where can I file a complaint?  And I can't even call in to say I can't make it to work...boss bought me tires.  Bah humbug.

My neighbours are pathetic too...townhouse complex and some shovel their teeny bit of sidewalk out front.  There are a couple of guys (and me) who, when shoveling, go the extra mile 6 units or so to do the building.

(I feel for you, Rupert!)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Unacceptable.  After Christmas, winter had better be OVER with (hate winter).

Where can I file a complaint?  And I can't even call in to say I can't make it to work...boss bought me tires.  Bah humbug.

My neighbours are pathetic too...townhouse complex and some shovel their teeny bit of sidewalk out front.  There are a couple of guys (and me) who, when shoveling, go the extra mile 6 units or so to do the building.

(I feel for you, Rupert!)

Don't cry for me (Argentina)

Last year, I didn't break out the shovel once. I guess it's payback time now....

• Haha 1