Sign in to follow this  
clutch

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

On 7/19/2018 at 4:10 PM, Canuckster86 said:

Well Burr is done, called it a career and it was a great story. Now he has joined the Montreal team in a coaching capacity for their AHL team.

Can this thread now get closed? Doesn't play for us and is coaching for a different NHL team. It had a great run of over 500 pages, time to retire this thread & move on from the past & look forward to the future

Are you still doing that Twitter thing  Patty O'Sullivan?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If Alex doesn't get injured for Games 4, 5, 6 and 7 of the Sens vs Penguins 2017 East Final, you can bet every penny you have that Ottawa beats Pittsburgh in either 5 or 6 games and go on to win the cup.

With Burr in the line up, Sens were up 2-1 ... a player like him would have been the dagger. What a shame an injury stood in his way and a cup :(

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

I liked burr, like half a decade ago. Can we move on now?

You can move on by staying out of this thread.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, gurn said:

You can move on by staying out of this thread.

yessir, threadkeeper sir. my humble apologies sir. Sorry to have an opinion on topic that is contrary to your own sir. Good day.

25 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

yessir, threadkeeper sir. my humble apologies sir. Sorry to have an opinion on topic that is contrary to your own sir. Good day.

your opinion was an attempt to be a thread wrecker/closer so I gave my advice. I really don't care whether this thread is open or closed. I do find it funny that people that don't like it just can't stay away from it though.

Edited by gurn
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, gurn said:

your opinion was an attempt to be a thread wrecker/closer so I gave my advice. I really don't care whether this thread is open or closed. I do find it funny that people that don't like it just can't stay away from it though.

That's probably because it is pinned and one of the first things we always see when going onto the Canucks forum page. I don't care that the thread remains open but I'm not a fan at all of it being pinned. That to me is an abuse of admin power. If it is relevant enough, it should stay afloat on its own power.

19 minutes ago, Slegr said:

That to me is an abuse of admin power.

That is imo, an over exaggeration. Suspending or banning a poster for nothing, would be an abuse of admin power, this is more of a quirk.

I am sorry that it pains so many of you though.

• Upvote 1

This thread has deteriorated and out of control?  Hell the guy was traded 2 years ago now he is retired.  Time to let this memorial for Alex actually die.

whats with the negativity towards burr ?  theres always messier and kesler ………..burrows do we need him? ,or a player like him hell ya!

game-7-burrows-ot.gif

• Hydration 2

Reminiscing...

**I believe this pic is from Game 7 with Lu - Post Dragon Slaying

image.png.85539951e5c01a2bc8f40824974ef1fd.pngimage.png.cf85d90b6efb54208bdfb1e78bf503de.png

Here's one from Ottawa... let's not forget, with Burrows healthy, the Sens were up 2-1 on the Penguins in the 2017 East Final. Had he not got injured, Sens woulda beat the Pens and won the cup that year. It's a real shame he never got his cup officially, but in my books, Alex has 2 cups... 2011 and 2017.

Burrows was the heart and soul of that team... Crosby is lucky he got injured and couldn't close out the series.

image.thumb.png.6cc09c8798cf3bab32445568cba70292.png

Edited by apollo
  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1

On 08/07/2018 at 9:09 PM, Vapourstreak said:

Hey that's the jersey I sold you on Reddit! I was like that look very familiar down to the thread on the 100 patch!

Thanks again! :) 

i tried to get his autograph, no luck... I probably going have to make my visit to Lavel, QB... lol

The Tryamkin thread in prospects has been locked and this thread continues to be pinned. This poor forum is being mismanaged.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Slegr said:

The Tryamkin thread in prospects has been locked and this thread continues to be pinned. This poor forum is being mismanaged.

You are 100% correct.

14 hours ago, Slegr said:

This thread should be officially closed now. It ran it's course.

• Upvote 2

On 16/08/2018 at 9:21 PM, Slegr said:

Likely because it went from being about Tryamkin to a mud slinging thread. That typically results in a thread being locked.

There's no reason to lock this thread at all. Although I'm a huge Burrows fan, with his retirement (plus the Sedins) and having no involvement with this team, the thread should be unpinned. It's time to move on to a new era just as the team has moved on.

On 27/07/2018 at 11:48 AM, gizmo2337 said:

tumblr_o4s4eoDP381sum3xmo1_400.gif

Surprised Salo wasn't decapitated in that event, considering his injury history.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:43 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

This thread should be officially closed now. It ran it's course.

Maze Runner Scorch Trials Video GIF

Whew!  Made it.  

If we're going to close this thread I think someone should at least make a tribute post to the man dragon slayer and give it a proper send-off.

(Sure beats some of the other cra- content being posted in the off-season.. :ph34r:)