The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows? Do We Really Need Him?

Rate this topic

clutch

19 minutes ago, Slegr said:

That to me is an abuse of admin power.

That is imo, an over exaggeration. Suspending or banning a poster for nothing, would be an abuse of admin power, this is more of a quirk.

I am sorry that it pains so many of you though.

• Upvote 1

Reminiscing...

**I believe this pic is from Game 7 with Lu - Post Dragon Slaying

image.png.85539951e5c01a2bc8f40824974ef1fd.pngimage.png.cf85d90b6efb54208bdfb1e78bf503de.png

Here's one from Ottawa... let's not forget, with Burrows healthy, the Sens were up 2-1 on the Penguins in the 2017 East Final. Had he not got injured, Sens woulda beat the Pens and won the cup that year. It's a real shame he never got his cup officially, but in my books, Alex has 2 cups... 2011 and 2017.

Burrows was the heart and soul of that team... Crosby is lucky he got injured and couldn't close out the series.

image.thumb.png.6cc09c8798cf3bab32445568cba70292.png

Edited by apollo
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 08/07/2018 at 9:09 PM, Vapourstreak said:

Hey that's the jersey I sold you on Reddit! I was like that look very familiar down to the thread on the 100 patch!

Thanks again! :) 

i tried to get his autograph, no luck... I probably going have to make my visit to Lavel, QB... lol

On 16/08/2018 at 9:21 PM, Slegr said:

The Tryamkin thread in prospects has been locked and this thread continues to be pinned. This poor forum is being mismanaged.

Likely because it went from being about Tryamkin to a mud slinging thread. That typically results in a thread being locked.

There's no reason to lock this thread at all. Although I'm a huge Burrows fan, with his retirement (plus the Sedins) and having no involvement with this team, the thread should be unpinned. It's time to move on to a new era just as the team has moved on.

On 8/17/2018 at 11:43 AM, PhillipBlunt said:

This thread should be officially closed now. It ran it's course.

Maze Runner Scorch Trials Video GIF

Whew!  Made it.  

If we're going to close this thread I think someone should at least make a tribute post to the man dragon slayer and give it a proper send-off.

(Sure beats some of the other cra- content being posted in the off-season.. :ph34r:)

I'm kind of hoping we can turn this irrelevant Burrows thread into a Tryamkin thread, given I enjoyed reading and contributing to that thread in the prospects subforum and it's now locked while this one is endlessly pinned.

What do people think of Tryamkin's return date? Will he play out all three years of that KHL contract? Or will he buy out the last year and return in 2019/20?

And did you notice that he has been assigned the captaincy on his team this year? 

10 hours ago, Slegr said:

I'm kind of hoping we can turn this irrelevant Burrows thread into a Tryamkin thread, given I enjoyed reading and contributing to that thread in the prospects subforum and it's now locked while this one is endlessly pinned.

What do people think of Tryamkin's return date? Will he play out all three years of that KHL contract? Or will he buy out the last year and return in 2019/20?

And did you notice that he has been assigned the captaincy on his team this year? 

Tryamkin spent how long playing here?  What was his story again of how he got here and how dedicated he was to this organization?  What significant moments jump out at you in a dragon slaying way?

Burr faced SO much adversity but never did it scare him away.

I know some want this thread closed but it won't be me to ever do it.  #notsorry

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Tryamkin spent how long playing here?  What was his story again of how he got here and how dedicated he was to this organization?  What significant moments jump out at you in a dragon slaying way?

Burr faced SO much adversity but never did it scare him away.

I know some want this thread closed but it won't be me to ever do it.  #notsorry

Deb, I hear you and no argument that Burrows was one of the best Canucks. He was incredible. And I don’t want this thread closed. But I would suggest that having this thread remain pinned and seeing it at the top of Canucks talk every day has made what was once a fun thread into an albatross.

Perhaps what this site needs is a Canucks alumni forum, with threads on guys like Burrows, Linden, the Sedins, etc?

As for Tryamkin, he is still an exciting, young prospect who could become something great for the Canucks. Where are we supposed to currently talk about him, if not in the prospects forum (where his thread has been locked)?

Edited by Slegr
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Deb, I hear you and no argument that Burrows was one of the best Canucks. He was incredible. And I don’t want this thread closed. But I would suggest that having this thread remain pinned and seeing it at the top of Canucks talk every day has made what was once a fun thread into an albatross.

Perhaps what this site needs is a Canucks alumni forum, with threads on guys like Burrows, Linden, the Sedins, etc?

As for Tryamkin, he is still an exciting, young prospect who could become something great for the Canucks. Where are we supposed to currently talk about him, if not in the prospects forum (where his thread has been locked)?

Thank you for a reasonable response and some good suggestions.  Don't really understand why pinned is an issue for some, as it's a bit of a unique thread...a classic and a one off that is easily ignored. 

I just can't be the one to do it when it does go..... 

#worstmodever