The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Welcome everyone to the official 2013 edition of "Bieksa Bashing". Really excited to see this topic has remained alive & well as one of the most active topics of all time in canucks forum history - which I fully expect to continue following the bombardment of post after the first game tonight.

As a gesture of good faith and spirit - may I suggest that all Bieksa Bashers honerably cut him some slack and withhold all post until after his first shift tonight to ensure they allow their blood pressure and frustration to rise to extreme levels - so well thought-out / quality post can be unleashed. Happy Bieksa Bashing and good luck to the boys tonight. Go Bieksa Go - and don't come back!

• 3 months later...

After tonight's effort by Bieska - it's time to resurrect this all time epic post and call a spade - a spade! Bieska - you sucked tonight - and need to get your s*@t together in the next four days. We can't take another post season of lazy - complacent - slow motion - I don't give a s*@t attitude. Don't forget AV will be gone next year so you won't be his b1t(h and he won't be there to protect and make excuses for you any longer. You're about to be held accountable - so don't blow it!

After tonight's effort by Bieska - it's time to resurrect this all time epic post and call a spade - a spade! Bieska - you sucked tonight - and need to get your s*@t together in the next four days. We can't take another post season of lazy - complacent - slow motion - I don't give a s*@t attitude. Don't forget AV will be gone next year so you won't be his b1t(h and he won't be there to protect and make excuses for you any longer. You're about to be held accountable - so don't blow it!

Whoa whoa whoa, i agree he was bad tonight but what are you talking about with the lazy post season. Bieksa raises his game in the playoffs.

RU SERIOUS? :sadno:

RU SERIOUS? :sadno:

Well, yet another screwball pee-wee effort by Bieska tonight costing us this second game against SJ as he was on the ice and asleep at the wheel (again) for the tying goal and SJ's OT winner. I think his day of reckoning is coming once we lose this series and his protector AV is fired. Then there will no one to protect him. He won't be missed and will be in good company with Lou, Raymond, booth and MG - none of which will be missed - when their all sent packing to Florida.

A goat tonight. Terrible 2 on 1 defence. He did not play the passer or shooter. He stood like a pylon.

The "ashamed part" is that Bieska has some skill - but just does not seem to play with intensity. All three goals he allowed in during game 2 were mis-plays or poor coverage by him in front of the net. Add to that he was paired with "Duh" Edler and the fact AV overplayed both of them (poor coaching decision) and end up with 3 goals - killing us. .......predictable results.

• 5 months later...

Putting together a nice season so far.

A great big LOL to everyone who wouldn't shut up about seeing what would happen when his ice time wasn't protected by AV anymore. Guess what? He's averaging MORE ice time now.

I never did understand all the Bieksa hate, he's always been a high risk/reward type player... Glad to see that he is thriving under Tort's so far with big minutes and a league leading +10 presently.

Best plus-minus in the NHL. This coming from a guy who was shocking the last few years in his own zone. The reason for it is because he's bringing so much offence, very similar to the Sedins. They're not fabulous in their defensive zone, but just create so much offence that their +/- skyrocket.

Bieksa is creating more offensive chances right now off his rushes, shots and passes than most forwards on this team.

Best plus-minus in the NHL. This coming from a guy who was shocking the last few years in his own zone. The reason for it is because he's bringing so much offence, very similar to the Sedins. They're not fabulous in their defensive zone, but just create so much offence that their +/- skyrocket.

Bieksa is creating more offensive chances right now off his rushes, shots and passes than most forwards on this team.

Bieksa leading the league in +/- and Kesler a team-worst -5. Apparently we're living in bizarro world.

Archived