The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kevin Bieksa you are really...

Zigmund.Palffy

Yeah...first of all Edler gets the most ice time out of ALL defencemen. And the time that Bieksa does get on the PP are on the 2nd PP unit which generally has about 35 - 45 seconds to work with each time as the 1st PP unit usually does not split the time evenly and mostly go over 1 minute. Secondly, Hamhuis does not babysit Bieksa in the least. On many occasions Bieksa has come over to help out Hamhuis or to cover up for him when he misses his man along the boards or behind the net, or just when he gets flat out beaten. Bieksa is generally the one communicating with Hamhuis as to where to go and what to do. Hamhuis has said that he enjoys playing with Biejsa because he communicates alot, is quite vocal between the two of them and it makes things easier for him.

I too can't wait to see what Salo brings to the table when he gets back, but you're not too bright if you think somehow we're going to be a greatly better team, or that Salo is going to play leaps and bounds better with Hamhuis than Bieksa does. The fact that he hasn't played a game in about 9 or 10 months would tell most intelligent hockey observers that, the guy will have a lot of rust, and nowhere near mid season legs and conditioning. You either are quite new to hockey....or haven't picked up a lot in your time watching. You should really watch and learn the game instead of just 'looking' at the teevee, or look, but keep your ridiculous and factually wrong comments to yourself....please.....if you don't want to be called out for them, that is.

lol what a classic example of a Bieksa apologist,

A one nutted, rusty Salo is still twice the defender Bxa ever was or will be.lol

I'm not sure which post you are referring to, I remember posting that regarding someone's cap compliant roster solution for next year, that included both Bieksa and Salo in the lineup was so tight to the cap that it left no room for bringing up any prospects, let alone Hodgson, who probably will be ready next year with a cap hit of around 850 , with bonuses 1,666,000.

My point being for next year Gilman should plan some cap space for pricey prospects, this year his challenge will be fitting Salo back into the lineup without losing depth.

Actually I think you do know what post I'm referring to because I asked you directly, your final response was to make room for Hodgson.

Once I am back from holidays I will gladly look up that post.

In the meantime I expect more retardation from

your side.

Please proceed. You provide entertainment.

lol what a classic example of a Bieksa apologist,

A one nutted, rusty Salo is still twice the defender Bxa ever was or will be.lol

Your quote of 'The Steamer' in your sig pretty much tells the tale about your posts in this thread....and the irony is absolutely perfect.

Bieksa has 7 points while getting the most ice time among our defencemen AND gets a ton of powerplay time. The only reason he isn't a complete failure is because we have a great team and Hamhuis is babysitting him. I can't wait till Salo comes back.

You sir, are an astute observer of the game, I agree that because BXa is paired with Hammy, he plays better, comparably I believe a Salo, Hammy pairing would be a truly effective playoff shutdown pairing. I can't wait til Salo comes back.

Yet somehow, you two "astute observers" missed the fact that Bieksa recorded a +3 ranking while Hammer was out with injury. All while being paired with the likes of Parent, Rome and Alberts.

I know you braniacs consider stats to be for "losers", but but in a streak that saw a blowout loss to the Wild and a high scoring contest against the Wings, you would have thought that a defensive liability like Bieksa would have been totally exposed without his "babysitter".

How is such a thing possible?

Yet somehow, you two "astute observers" missed the fact that Bieksa recorded a +3 ranking while Hammer was out with injury. All while being paired with the likes of Parent, Rome and Alberts.

I know you braniacs consider stats to be for "losers", but but in a streak that saw a blowout loss to the Wild and a high scoring contest against the Wings, you would have thought that a defensive liability like Bieksa would have been totally exposed without his "babysitter".

How is such a thing possible?

Quite ironic as this is usually the last bastion of trying to prove Bieksa is a bum.

Even more ironic is that its been reported here...and through the media that Bieksa is being used in a shut down role....yet the detractors push for the low production.

Yet when it is apparent that the real-time stats indicate he is of a sound defensive game, and really all you have to do is watch the games to see this, the same stats are being used to discredit him.

Yet either way...if the "Bieksa apologists" bring up these stats for exactly what they are, given what we know of Juice's role, "we" are dubbed losers.

Roflcopters.

Pure comedy watching the detractors manufacture things that are simply not there.

You might as well say that Malhotra is not winning face offs.

Yeah...first of all Edler gets the most ice time out of ALL defencemen. And the time that Bieksa does get on the PP are on the 2nd PP unit which generally has about 35 - 45 seconds to work with each time as the 1st PP unit usually does not split the time evenly and mostly go over 1 minute. Secondly, Hamhuis does not babysit Bieksa in the least. On many occasions Bieksa has come over to help out Hamhuis or to cover up for him when he misses his man along the boards or behind the net, or just when he gets flat out beaten. Bieksa is generally the one communicating with Hamhuis as to where to go and what to do. Hamhuis has said that he enjoys playing with Biejsa because he communicates alot, is quite vocal between the two of them and it makes things easier for him.

I too can't wait to see what Salo brings to the table when he gets back, but you're not too bright if you think somehow we're going to be a greatly better team, or that Salo is going to play leaps and bounds better with Hamhuis than Bieksa does. The fact that he hasn't played a game in about 9 or 10 months would tell most intelligent hockey observers that, the guy will have a lot of rust, and nowhere near mid season legs and conditioning. You either are quite new to hockey....or haven't picked up a lot in your time watching. You should really watch and learn the game instead of just 'looking' at the teevee, or look, but keep your ridiculous and factually wrong comments to yourself....please.....if you don't want to be called out for them, that is.

Good post I was thinking something like this reading the last few pages of the thread.

Most people on here still don't see that he's a pretty good guy to have around? The team likes him and that is pretty much the end of that. If he looked like he didn't belong out there maybe I could see wanting to get rid of him but he is a fine if not decent NHL defenseman and a great teammate, nothing more nothing less. I don't want to compare him to anyone but there have been many of those on championship teams.

3rd star of the game, 1 goal, +2, 23:51 mins played.

That is all.

HEY CANUKLELION!

kevinbieksashh.jpg

Hurts so bad, don't it?!

P.S. It was also the Game Winning Goal....oooh.....ouch. laugh.gif

Yes, it was a timely goal, gwg no less, a bit of a seeing eye shot, but it worked. Kudos to Mr. Bieksa.

I hope he boosted his trade value.

Although in all honesty, I expected a strong game from BXa tonight as he always plays well against the bottom feeder teams. lol

Archived