The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

Blomstrand's regular season is done, he had 14-13-27 in 46 games with the K-Wings and no points in 7 games with the Comets. Playoffs for the K-Wings start on Friday.

Tough reality is Vcr has a full 50 man roster which is stoppimng them sign other propsects....players have to show they belong on that roster or move them out and bring in fresh meat

Tough reality is Vcr has a full 50 man roster which is stoppimng them sign other propsects....players have to show they belong on that roster or move them out and bring in fresh meat

Blomstrand's first year in North America.

Not everyone becomes an elite star on their first year.

I swear half of CDC has ADHD when it comes to our prospects, no patience at all.

• 3 weeks later...

He's another I expected a bit more from this year so hopefully he can show some improvement. He has a lot of very solid attributes that could make him very effective in an NHL bottom 6, but he has a ways to go to get there.

people talk about the Detroit model for development on here all the time. blomstrand, tommernes, andersson, grenier, and even archibald are the type of guys that we should be AOK with marinating in the AHL as long as it takes. these are the type of guys we need to have the utmost patience with and not try to be the first to call bust.

(BTW, not saying you're calling him a bust Elvis. Just have a feeling the bust narrative is going to creep into this thread sooner rather than later.)

• 9 months later...

I'd like to see him get called up to the Comets at the end of the K-wings season.

It would be nice to see how far he's progressed. I haven't really been able to follow him much.

All I know is he works hard and is a great skater. If he has added a physical element to his game, we could have another Kenins type player with him.

I'd like to see him get called up to the Comets at the end of the K-wings season.

It would be nice to see how far he's progressed. I haven't really been able to follow him much.

All I know is he works hard and is a great skater. If he has added a physical element to his game, we could have another Kenins type player with him.

In his two stints in Utica last year (started and ended the year with the Comets) Blomstrand was as vanilla of a player as you could find. Just floated while avoiding any of the hard areas, no physical presence and showed no real skill with he puck or quickness. He didn't even get invited to the Comets camp this year. I'm not holding my breath that Blomstrand will ever develop into a real prospect.

^ That's disappointing to hear.. This guy was thought to have Jannik Hansen upsides when drafted

But at least we picked up Kenins for free who seems to have grown into that

• 3 weeks later...

Archived