The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Confirmed] Kesler Out Upto 6 Months After Shoulder Surgery

hockeyville88

So best bet he's back by November. Hopefully Schroeder is NHL-ready. He'll have to be.

All I really want is Kesler not to come back early. Hopefully he learned by last year that coming back early will screw you up for a whole year.,

Chara also suffered a similar injury. After that surgery in the summer he went onto score a career-high in goals the very next season.

Obviously, 'full recovery time' is a lot shorter for pro atheletes with every resource under the sun available to them. Cheers.

TOML

Wow, what a band-aid. Seriously, will Kesler every be able to get through a season without needing surgery?

This does not bode well for the Canucks. Kesler will once again come back to early and AV will bow down and let him do what he wants. Brutal.

Fill the hole at centre and move Kesler to the wing. The surgery isn't that bad and can't really be used as an excuse. Lots of players play through it. Samuellson played with a torn labrum for 3 seasons before having surgery.

Unfortunately,I think Kesler is always going to be injury prone...due to his reckless style of play.On the upside,..I cannot wait to see a healthy Kesler,he can virtually dominate a game all by himself (as he did in against Nashville in the 2011 playoff run).

Guest Dasein

Well, there it is.

Jordan Schroeder just got his chance to shine.

I just hope we get some depth so we don't have to lean on the Sedins so much for the beginning of the year when Kesler is out for offense. Schroeder will make our 2nd PP unit so much better as well so I'm excited to see him make the jump. The only thing Schroeder lacks that Hodgson has is the so-called "character/intangibles/leadership" and size. Schroeder, on the other hand, has NHL speed and slightly better purely skill-wise.

Well realistically we needed to address the second line this offseason anyways.

Maybe this forces Gillis's hand to try and land us a big name center. Could even be part of a Luongo deal I guess.

Booth Trade Kesler

Although I think we need a top defenceman first.

Archived