The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

My rationale is the history of Dale Tallon, who built his core around 2 young and super talented defenseman in Chicago and that I see him doing so in Florida as well.

I understand they have some depth there but most people think the Kulikov and Gudbranson specifically are by far their 2 best at the position.

Let me be wrong...PLEASE...I just don't see it.

Genius post. Utilizing one game and one mistake to analyze and make an overall assessment about a player. Freaking brilliant.

Here are some numbers for ya: 22 years old. Never had more than 71 PIM's. Averaged 22 points (for a guy with supposedly no offensive upside), with over 230 hits, and 130 blocked shots, while being a combined minus 13 the past 2 years on a DREADFUL hockey team.

You take your 1 game...I'll take my 2 seasons.

I really disagree with you. Schenn was rushed and had the weight of a really bad Leafs team on his shoulders which was hyped up as a playoff team and Schenn as the next Weber, this is all asking for trouble from a young player. Schenn had a great rookie season but after it Leafs want Schenn to develop more of an offensive game and this is were the problems happened, Schenn should be focused on his game and he'll be fine, Schenn also never had the solid veteran leadership to help him and he'll get that here, I think Schenn coming to Vancouver would improve his game in a huge way. He brings everything we need on the blue line.

Schenn is their wipping boy..... Mason Raymond right now is our wipping boy Schenn is their's. I'm not sure what the hype is around this guy, some CAnucks fans are delusional. The ones that are loving Schenn so much like yourself. It's funny how you are making excuses for his questionalbe developement. Petriangelo, didn't really have a mentor. Who the hell mentored doughty? how bout Kulikov? Why are you defending Luke Schenn? Tyler Myers Why is a Canucks fan defending Luke Schenn???? He is not bad, but no way is he a center piece of a trade for a star goalie.

Schenn is their wipping boy..... Mason Raymond right now is our wipping boy Schenn is their's. I'm not sure what the hype is around this guy, some CAnucks fans are delusional. The ones that are loving Schenn so much like yourself. It's funny how you are making excuses for his questionalbe developement. Petriangelo, didn't really have a mentor. Who the hell mentored doughty? how bout Kulikov? Why are you defending Luke Schenn? Tyler Myers Why is a Canucks fan defending Luke Schenn???? He is not bad, but no way is he a center piece of a trade for a star goalie.

What it has to do with is your claim that

"Schenn also never had the solid veteran leadership to help him and he'll get that here".

I've wondered if Schenn hasn't had a harder time developing given his fellow d-men are over-rated and the Leafs goaltenders...

It is possible/probable he'd be a lot better on a tighter team like Vancouver, but that doesn't really increase his trade value.

He does like Gudbranson that is for sure - and Florida also has Kulikov, Ellerby, Robak, Petrovic and now Matheson for young blueliners.

We picked up Gaunce, but they also have Huberdeau, Bjugstad, Matthias, Howden....

Who knows what a team like Winnipeg might put in play.

The way I look at it, tomorrow is another suspense filled draft day. I'm going to enjoy it. I think the Canucks will get an attractive return for Luongo - I mean, a 2nd and two other picks for Bobrovsky...

Really? your using Dion as a reason to show Schenn had great or good leadership.... hahahahaahahaahahahaahahahahahaha are you ???? kidding me? Dion as a leader and the guy to be a vet to the kids... wait a sec I'm still laugh at your silly and ridiculous point hahahahahah

Using Dion only proofs my point more so, he's known as a cancer.

Ya, I also think Gillis would get a good return or Luongo. I think it would be Gudbranson + something else. But I also think Gillis will have to find a creative way to take $$ back - but you know it won't be at the NHL level. I could see something similar to the Booth trade (Reinprect contract). But I also think the longer he waits the riskier his return could be, not to mention a potential predatory offer sheet for Schneid.

Should be interesting tomorrow :bigblush:

Archived