• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanucksWino

[SIGNING] Cory Schneider Signed! - 3 Years, $4 Million Cap Hit

People keep saying that Schneider said that - but feel free to provide a quote.

I don't think there is any game going on - it is clear that Gillis has committed to Cory - and that he is doing his best to accommodate Luongo and cut a deal with Florida.

Just from how offensive the Leafs fans have been on the HFboards regarding this issue I hope they are stuck with no decent goaltending yet again.

Everyone does realize that with the cap going up they could both easily still be here next year right, then they make the move at next years trade deadline

none of us know whats going on!!! For all we know there could be a trade brewing for Corey....or lou....or neither right now. we are completely in the dark. But constant speculation is fun i guess.

4 million cap hit little too much for my liking, would have liked it to be under. At least for 3 years.

The speculation about trades is fine - but putting words in players mouths - ie. Luongo said he'd only go to Florida (false), Schneider said he woudln't sign until Luongo is traded (false) - that is the stuff that is weak.

Couple of things:

- WHAT is up with this thread being in the signings/rumours section?? This is prime Canucks Talk. I almost totally didn't even notice this signing because I'd never think to come to this section - all the real news is always in Canucks Talk.

- For those complaining that three years it too short, don't worry. Once it's time to sign him again, Gillis and AV can offer him the captaincy, at least for a couple of years.

- When Luongo played his first season with the Canucks, I felt there is no way he will finish his career without a Stanley Cup. I still feel that way about him, and I feel like Schneider is still unproven as a #1, but a solid goalie. It'll be a really interesting yeah ahead! Luongo does have some wear and tear - never the same since his groin injuries, so I like the fact we look like we're getting younger and healthier in net

With all the in-flux goalie situations in the NHL right now on playoff teams, if we can work the playing time down the middle, Luongo would get us a King's ransom at the deadline... Not the best allocation of available funds, however...

Unless a deal with Lou to Florida in close and the Canucks would only move on it if Cory would "agree in principle" to a deal? Remember Cory has not put pen to paper and it may be because the Lou trade hinges in it. Lou is in FL by the weekend and Cory signs the deal on the weekend as well.

Couple of things:

- WHAT is up with this thread being in the signings/rumours section?? This is prime Canucks Talk. I almost totally didn't even notice this signing because I'd never think to come to this section - all the real news is always in Canucks Talk.

Why the heck would this SIGNING be in the SIGNING section?

Mods should lock and ban for putting it here....

Why the heck would this SIGNING be in the SIGNING section?

Mods should lock and ban for putting it here....

MG said we'll be happy, well I for one am not happy about this. 4 mil is too much for a guy that's never played a full season.

Worst of all, it looks as if Lu will be traded now, which would screw this team over pretty badly. You can mark my words on that.

MG said we'll be happy, well I for one am not happy about this. 4 mil is too much for a guy that's never played a full season.

Worst of all, it looks as if Lu will be traded now, which would screw this team over pretty badly. You can mark my words on that.

He obviously forfeited the NTC in order to either get a higher salary or less term, whichever he wanted.

The possibility is still there to trade him if someone offers him a deal he can`t refuse, but I think it`s clear who he has chosen as the number 1.

I would love to see the reaction of alot of people on here if he turned around and traded Schneider though. CDC would explode.