The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Seattle 12th man is unbelievable. I don't think anyone can beat them at home.

When I was at the Dallas-Seattle game last year I went pee at half time and my ears were ringing so loud that I couldn't hear the pee hit the water. You have no clue how loud it is til you actually go there.

Two of the hottest teams in the NFL are Denver and Seattle. If they were to face each other, who would you guys go with? I'm going with Denver, why? Because Manning is the best QB in the league right now, he can play the hurry up offense better than anyone in the league, one of the smartest QBs of all time. He will hurry it up and when you've got your pass rushers coming at Manning he will just run the ball all day long. He will take advantage of who you have on the field and exploit it. You going to play a 4-3? He'll throw the ball, playing a 3 pass rush? He'll run it.

How is Seattle's secondary going to handle Decker, Thomas, Welker and Manning throwing the ball? Watch out guys Denver is on fire.

Depends. Where are we playing? In Seattle? In Denver? What's the stakes? Super Bowl? Just a regular season game? Is everyone healthy 100% playing and all starters are starting? Or are we talking about currently right now, with the roster they have, and if they had to play tomorrow?

I still pick Seattle. As much as I despise them even though I do support them deep down, their defence is too good. And although they're missing parts on their offence, they still did fine tonight.

Hurry up offense fatigues the defense and when those 200-300 pounders get no breaks Manning basically has no pressure on him unless they blitz but they might not even get to blitz since Manning is hurrying it up.

Thomas, Chancellor, Brouwner, Sherman vs Manning, Welker, Thomas, Decker. I got my bets on Denver. I think SF<DEN. Manning also just beat NYG's defense, NYG's defense is pretty solid.

Hurry up offense isn't going to work whatsoever if you're in Seattle. Also, the Seattle D has given up 10 points combined in two games against teams capable of putting up 20+. You're highly underrating their defense.

Edited by Wilfred

Hurry up offense isn't going to work whatsoever if you're in Seattle. Also, the Seattle D has given up 10 points combined in two games against teams capable of putting up 20+. You're highly underrating their defense.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

The best defence will always beat the best offence.

The Seattle game today and the one last week was some of the best man to man coverage I have ever seen in my life.

San Fran was taking penalties out of pure frustration.

Wilson will get into a groove soon enough.

Great day yesterday!! Both my teams destroyed their opponents and another solid week for my pool. Keep on hating, seahawk haters!! B)

Who's hating? Other than that p.o.s. Sherman, I really like this team. Wilson is a tad overrated IMO, but Lynch carries that O himself.

And like Romo said before, nothing beats a live game at Century/Qwest/Hawks Stadium. I wonder what it will be called next year?

Who's hating? Other than that p.o.s. Sherman, I really like this team. Wilson is a tad overrated IMO, but Lynch carries that O himself.

And like Romo said before, nothing beats a live game at Century/Qwest/Hawks Stadium. I wonder what it will be called next year?

Lots of hate....loving it!!

Just my opinion and I know I'll be torn apart by Seattle fans, but I just don't think they're good enough to win it this year considering they can't play the Super Bowl at home in Seattle.

Their offense doesn't scare anyone. Lynch is easily a top 3 RB in the NFL, love the guy, one of my favorite players to watch. But the rest of their offense doesn't keep defensive co-ordinators up. Wilson isn't going to be running the ball more than 5x a game on read option plays anymore. We're seeing it all across the NFL. In their first years, Newton, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick could run all they want, but once their team's realized how valuable they were, they all started making their QB's hold on to the ball to decrease risk of injury.

In a neutral setting, Bailey and Cromartie would take out Baldwin and Rice, their tight end could be covered by any old Joe, and with a healthy front 7 lead by Miller they could prohibit Lynch from putting up 100 yards + a TD.

And if Brady could put up 400 yards and 2TD's in Seattle with Welker, Hernandez and a 50% Gronkowski, Manning should be able to better those numbers outside of Seattle with Welker, Thomas, Decker and J. Thomas

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Just my opinion and I know I'll be torn apart by Seattle fans, but I just don't think they're good enough to win it this year considering they can't play the Super Bowl at home in Seattle.

Their offense doesn't scare anyone. Lynch is easily a top 3 RB in the NFL, love the guy, one of my favorite players to watch. But the rest of their offense doesn't keep defensive co-ordinators up. Wilson isn't going to be running the ball more than 5x a game on read option plays anymore. We're seeing it all across the NFL. In their first years, Newton, RG3, Wilson, Kaepernick could run all they want, but once their team's realized how valuable they were, they all started making their QB's hold on to the ball to decrease risk of injury.

In a neutral setting, Bailey and Cromartie would take out Baldwin and Rice, their tight end could be covered by any old Joe, and with a healthy front 7 lead by Miller they could prohibit Lynch from putting up 100 yards + a TD.

And if Brady could put up 400 yards and 2TD's in Seattle with Welker, Hernandez and a 50% Gronkowski, Manning should be able to better those numbers outside of Seattle with Welker, Thomas, Decker and J. Thomas

And yet, the Pats lost that game.

And yet, the Pats lost that game.

Brady doesn't have the defense Manning does. Broncos defense wouldn't have given up the big lead because their DB's know how to cover

edit: referring to the long deep pass to Golden Tate I think it was which put the Seahawks in the red zone.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

No tearing apart from me. Good post! Denver is scary. Seattle needs to have at least one home playoff game this year. And just as some people say Russell Wilson is overrated, I feel he is underrated by others....time will tell. Wilson + Lynch + Defense + CLink = serious contention for the Seahawks...that's my homer take on the situation. ;)

Seattle and Denver should meet in the super bowl but there are couple things that change that.

Yes Brady looks average right now but give him Gronk and Amendola and the pats become elite contenders and could cause trouble for the Broncos. Also if the texans can put it together...oh my watch out for that team. My sleeper pick in the Afc are the Ravens. (Fan bias, but there a good team just banged up atm. Wait and watch like last year..)

In the NFC yeah you got Seahawks (love em as well) and 49ers But....no one seems to be talking about the packers!!!?? I mean cmon show some love for the packers. I don't like them but they are one heck of a football team. Watch out for them. Other than those 3 teams the nfc looks quiet too me.

Anyway that's just my opinion. Go Ravens!!

Seattle and Denver should meet in the super bowl but there are couple things that change that.

Yes Brady looks average right now but give him Gronk and Amendola and the pats become elite contenders and could cause trouble for the Broncos. Also if the texans can put it together...oh my watch out for that team. My sleeper pick in the Afc are the Ravens. (Fan bias, but there a good team just banged up atm. Wait and watch like last year..)

In the NFC yeah you got Seahawks (love em as well) and 49ers But....no one seems to be talking about the packers!!!?? I mean cmon show some love for the packers. I don't like them but they are one heck of a football team. Watch out for them. Other than those 3 teams the nfc looks quiet too me.

Anyway that's just my opinion. Go Ravens!!

Falcons? Matt Ryan + S Jax + J. Jones + R. White + T. Gonzalez

Add in a pretty decent secondary and a strong front 7.

That was a good day of football yesterday, both my fantasy teams appeared to have won an how about my super chargers!! We should be ok team this year, was good to see them play with some heart. I really wished I had picked up Royal last week. He should have a good fantasy season.

Are you eagle fans a bit concerned? Chargers game planned how I thought teams would against Philly, use up the play clock keep that offense cold.

Also why is Freeman still in the NFL? Semms to me the Bucs could be a decent team atleast with a real qb

That was a good day of football yesterday, both my fantasy teams appeared to have won an how about my super chargers!! We should be ok team this year, was good to see them play with some heart. I really wished I had picked up Royal last week. He should have a good fantasy season.

Are you eagle fans a bit concerned? Chargers game planned how I thought teams would against Philly, use up the play clock keep that offense cold.

Also why is Freeman still in the NFL? Semms to me the Bucs could be a decent team atleast with a real qb

Lots of rumors around the NFL that Schiano doesn`t want Freeman, and didn`t even want him on the team heading into training camp hence drafting a QB in the 3rd round. Hard for a QB to succeed when the head coach doesn`t support you. One of them will be gone before the end of the season, it`s just a matter of whether the GM thinks Freeman would succeed with a new coach, or if the coach would succeed with a new QB.

Baldwin and Rice? What about Tate and Harvin? There is so much fail in this post I don't really know where to begin. Any old Joe could cover Zack Miller? Someone should have told the falcons last year when he put up 142 yards in the playoffs. Seattle also has Clemons and Irvin out with injury so there's that. Don't let your hate cloud your judgement. The Bronco's are a great team but you have overlooked far too many factors and variables to make any sense of your post. I don't think you know enough about the Seahawks to make an informed choice.