The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Philadelpia Flyers have Inquired about Alexander Edler

UFCanuck

Edler, Raymond

for

Coyburn, Hartnell/Voracek

...something along the lines of that, only way I'd trade him to Philly, or if B. Schenn and/or Couturier were coming back, and obviously Giroux. But, I'm just dreaming, a deal will likely not occur as this is just an inquiry. Holmgren was prolly like "He Mike, was wondering if Edler is available?"

MG: "Is Giroux available?" :lol:

No, you're not.

In fact, I would seriously consider moving Edler and Raymond for both Schenns. I know this would drive most of Canuck nation into a frenzy because we all know that anything that came from Toronto at one time must be fundamentally flawed.

Schenn has his defensive issues, but so does Eddie. Schenn is bigger, has more hits and is a right-handed shot. He's also locked up at a reasonable 3.6 million Cap hit for another four years. Edler, OTOH, is a pending UFA who is due a huge raise.

Personally, I would do that deal. If Homer balked at taking Raymond,(which I don't think he would) I would make it a deal breaker.

All in all, we lose a bit offensively at the back end,(hopefully Garrison, Hammer and Juice could pick up some of the slack there) but we gain more hits and salary flexibility.

We also gain a legitimate young star up front...

Archived