The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Philadelpia Flyers have Inquired about Alexander Edler

UFCanuck

Simmonds couturier for edler Schroeder

Then

Luongo tanev 1st(raymond if theyle take him lol) for gudbranson matthias 2nd

Throw Hansen in the gudbranson deal if it gets it done

Losing edler would suck big time but if we could get some sort of package like that I'd do it in a heartbeat. Then try and make a big deal for the untouchable gudbranson, throw in Hansen and tanev but get something like mattias back.

If gudbranson isn't possible even by overpayment then just try to get the best possible top 4 dman for lu.

Man if that could work though, our future gets bigger, more Canadian and tougher. We'd be beating the crap outta Edmontons skilled guys hahaha.... oh one can dream eh

The problem with trading Edler is than our D looks pretty bad. But if we could get couturier and Simmonds for him I'd do it. Than we would have to trade Luongo for a defencemen. Somehow I don't see us getting Gudbranson out of Florida. Possibly Franson, Colbourne and a 1st for Lu. Of course our D would still be a lot weaker but our future would be better.

Unless Philly is ok with giving up a package consisting of one of Sean Couturier or Jakub Voracek, Edler ain't being traded. Come on guys, Giroux for Edler? The Flyers traded Richards and Carter because G was ready for 1st line duties. They won't trade him.

If I were guessing, I would suspect that this rumour comes from a guy who reads CDC on occassion, sees how frequently some short-sighted people here throw Edler into deals as if a toss in or afterthought, and figured he'd get the (low-)ball rolling...

nice to see that most people here aren't undervaluing him as usual - even to the point where some of these proposals are for Giroux AND another piece :bigblush: = quite flattering to say the least...

Now if we could get people to stop the Tanev as a toss-in proposals we'll be getting somewhere.

Archived