Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SILLY GOOSE

The Ethics of Eating Non-Human Animals

355 posts in this topic

Fun fact - I doubled my meat consumption on Nov 1st to make up for the idiocy.

As long as I don't see the face of the animal that I'm eating, then I don't care. Human or not o_o

As long as I don't see the face of the animal that I'm eating, then I don't care. Human or not o_o

I just had some beef jerky..................MMMMMMMMMMMM

Also, some videos depicting common practices involved in livestock production. Do these practices give us more reason not to support the general practice of killing animals for food?

I will probably continue eating meat until they can perfect lab-grown meat.

soooo, no head on shrimp or fish, no crawfish, or crusteacians in general for you, eh?

what is it with people and seeing the face/eyes of the thing you are eating? half the time the facial meat is some of the best flavoured meat on the animal.

I don't know man.

Having a cow's eyes just staring at me while I eat it's insides is kinda disturbing to me...

Nothing wrong with eating meat.

The terrible industrial livestock practices used by the major food suppliers on the other hand...

I'm going to go eat a big steak now, if you're a vegetarian then good for you. don't try and force your crap on other people

I always justify this by thinking about the poor vegetables, imaging working your whole life fighting through the dirt and the second you see daylight Bam! you get sucked up and chopped into ten pieces.

This is the second time in the past couple of weeks that someone's felt the need to post "non-human" in front of animals...

I'm seeing some cannibalistic traits in some posters.

why do you feel the need to specify non-human animals instead of just animals in general.

There's a reason why these animals have a lot of meat in em, there's a reason why their meat contain essential nutrients that make the body stronger (protein for development in brain etc,). A child that does not get his/her essential proteins can become malnurished... (don't point out the vegetarian alternatives like tofu, cavemen and our ancestors did not have this kind of technology).

Frankly, regarldless of which religion you believe in or if you're an atheist, it should be concluded that many animals are on this earth for the very purpose of eating.

Look at it this way, without eating animals you and I would probably not be here. Cavemen would not have survived the harsh weathers without eating meat. I was in a university seminar once in evolution, there was arguments that the ability for mankind to hunt allowed us to eat more protein and hence developed the brain. Monkeys today just eat fruits and vegetables mostly... and what are they? They are just monkeys.

Meat is essential to our diet. Denying it just being completely delusional.

I don't know man.

Having a cow's eyes just staring at me while I eat it's insides is kinda disturbing to me...

I guess I should've rephrased my first comment. As long as I don't see it's eyes/head. I'm fine. So to answer your first question. Yes. I don't eat fish or any other foods, as long as it's head/eyes is still attached to it.