The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Break up advice and why?

EoH

Keep all the texts.

If she brings the fight to you, you bring the fight to her - call the police. Maybe the non-emergency number. Get it down on record. If she tries to do crap later on, she's fracked.

Vice versa for a reversal of the genders. If a guy is threatening you, it is most definitely worthy to let police know.

frabz-I-just-want-to-cuddle-Even-if-it-is-with-your-lifeless-body-24d795.jpg

But seriously, if you consider it harassment - especially if you think there's any chance of it escalating - go to the police. That way it's on record. They will recommend you change your number and the process will already be in place to provide further legal help if needed.

As far as your old number going to someone else, it'll be out of circulation for 3 months so unless she's really persistent at sending texts to a number that won't answer for that long, the person who gets it after those three months will likely not have any issues.

If you're upset and she is seeing new guys, imagine how the guy she's dating must feel if she's sending all these texts.

Don't respond, she'll get the idea. As Dazzle said, keep the texts, if they get threatening or stalker type now you've got evidence. My married friends wonder why I'm single. Probably because I see more and more nightmare relationships these days. Makes me want to stay single.

Oooohhh, someone got burned badly despite his protestations otherwise.

You do realize that this sort of generalization is probably one of the reasons you're such a great catch, right?

You don't really care but you've now characterized 'most girls' as whores deep down and you're writing about it at 2:24 am on a hockey board......

Uhhhh huh..... but you don't care........

Honestly, it depends on the age here. If you're young, this is likely a fairly normal reaction to hurt and rejection. She's lashing out but, eventually, she'll get tired and move on. Just be consistent and don't send any mixed messages.

How did you expect her to react when, after a year and a half, you've suddenly decided that your future doesn't include her? Of course she's going to be shocked and and hurt. The part about other guys is obviously to stir a reaction and try to make you jealous. If it's working, it makes me wonder if you made the right decision. I mean, she will eventually move on...are you ok with that? I'm really curious as to what made you arrive at your decision to dump her. And, while she's acting pretty childish and immature, people do crazy things when they feel betrayed so this is pretty normal. If it persists, it is not.

you're right i don't, that's why i;m posting cause it doesn't bother me and i find it humourous cause she was one of those types that thinks most guys are "pigs" when she in fact was one it turns out lol so i'm glad i ended it when i did.

it;s ok for girls to say these things about guys but how dare it go the other way right? classic double standard you don't sound any different

Honestly, it depends on the age here. If you're young, this is likely a fairly normal reaction to hurt and rejection. She's lashing out but, eventually, she'll get tired and move on. Just be consistent and don't send any mixed messages.

How did you expect her to react when, after a year and a half, you've suddenly decided that your future doesn't include her? Of course she's going to be shocked and and hurt. The part about other guys is obviously to stir a reaction and try to make you jealous. If it's working, it makes me wonder if you made the right decision. I mean, she will eventually move on...are you ok with that? I'm really curious as to what made you arrive at your decision to dump her. And, while she's acting pretty childish and immature, people do crazy things when they feel betrayed so this is pretty normal. If it persists, it is not.

Archived