Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Southpop45

Is there any NHL potential left in Darren Archibald?

71 members have voted

1. 1. What will Archibald end up as?

• NHL - first liner
    • NHL second liner
    • NHL - third liner
    • NHL - fourth liner
    • AHLer for life

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

so i know he is a bit of an older prospect at 22 but latley he really been playing great for the wolves. once again you have to keep in mind that you just cant teach size. and archibald has size at 6'3'' 210 pounds. currently he has 4 goals in 6 games. what do you guys think?

I think he will either play top 6 or not make the NHL at all. He's still got a lot of work to do to cut it as top 6.

His skating has improved vastly, but is still not fit for NHL duties. Also not sure if his understanding of the game is on par with the speed of the NHL. The only thing he has going for him is his size and good set of hands for his size, which as you mention, is something you just can't teach.

If he continues to develop his game and he maintains his tough and rough style of play, the gamble may pay off. He has always been a raw project, and he remains a project, albeit much improved version from last year.

He could get a few games in, but I don't think he has what it takes to be a regular.

I don't see top 6 potential but he very well could be a bottom 6 down the road...so long as he keeps up the goals with the wolves.

At best I'm thinking 4th liner, but somewhere between 4th line/healthy scratch, at worst, AHL 2nd liner.

I predict he will be a Sean Pronger type player and bounce around a bunch of NHL teams as a call up.. Maybe play 5-15 games a year or so, but spend a lot of time in the AHL

bottom six, or an AHL'er.

He will get a shot. Just depends on what he does with it. He gets goals in the dirty areas and we don't have a lot of guys who are willing to go there and get em. Thats valuable day in day out.

I don't see top 6 potential but he very well could be a bottom 6 down the road...so long as he keeps up the goals with the wolves.

He had 1 point in 20 AHL games, so if that doesn't make him a long-term project at best I wouldn't know what else to call him; I think his upside would be (and I'd be happy with him as an) offensive 3rd liner/ physical 4th liner in the NHL, and if he develops properly he could also be a strong net presence with his size (if he makes it in the first place)

He had 1 point in 20 AHL games, so if that doesn't make him a long-term project at best I wouldn't know what else to call him; I think his upside would be (and I'd be happy with him as an) offensive 3rd liner/ physical 4th liner in the NHL, and if he develops properly he could also be a strong net presence with his size (if he makes it in the first place)

Top 3 forward. Put him in either Sedins, he'll be a 20-goal scorer.

^^ Nice, apparently it doesn't even get you a penalty in the NHL, perfect fit!

I say he could be a good third liner. Jannik Hansen and Archibald, if he could keep his play of late up would be a good duo. He's a big, powerful guy, can hit well. Nice hands for big guy too.

At first it looked like he might make it as a 3rd or 4th liner, but things are more grim for him now. I guess he has moved up a league as he was in the ECHL. Now, not only is he in the AHL, he's performing quite well. Maybe if things go well he might get like 10-50 games in his NHL career as a 4th liner/extra forward for toughness.

If arniel ever decides to try Archi-Schroeder-Kass and they work out (which I, and most people agree it should) he may have a very promising career in the NHL.