The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

On 11/13/2019 at 9:51 PM, GLASSJAW said:

jojo rabbit: 8/10. not very funny, but definitely good for a couple laughs. gets a high score in large part for the unexpected emotional punch

Yup. For content I might even go higher, but there were a few "uneven" moments in the film which brings down the overall score.

Not hugely "funny", but quirky in a good way.

regards,  G.

PS - for those who don't know, this film is by the same guy who did "What We Do in the Shadows" (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3416742/?ref_=nv_sr_2?ref_=nv_sr_2)

Joker: really mediocre

There wasn't really a plot; just following around a guy with a mental disorder for 120 minutes. The excessive laughing ate up about 20 of those minutes and became extremely repetitive/exhausting. I can't believe people made such a big deal about this movie. I was certainly eagerly anticipating it; but once I saw it, I knew I never needed to see it again. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Joker: really mediocre

There wasn't really a plot; just following around a guy with a mental disorder for 120 minutes. The excessive laughing ate up about 20 of those minutes and became extremely repetitive/exhausting. I can't believe people made such a big deal about this movie. I was certainly eagerly anticipating it; but once I saw it, I knew I never needed to see it again. 

Joker can't do it alone

He needs Batman

Image result for you complete me joker

• Upvote 1

Avengers: Endgame - 4/10

What a sentimental snooze-fest. Not even Hulk is fun anymore. Fat Thor was alright, but the rest of the 3 hours was a chore.

Solo - 5.5/10

Better than I expected it would be. But still, completely unnecessary.

I Am Mother - 8/10

Watched this after seeing Hillary Swank at the Canucks game (it’s been on my list for a while, that jogged the memory). Absolutely loved it.  The visuals were outstanding, especially the robot called Mother. Raised numerous questions about technology and humanity. Was surprised to see after that the reviews were so mixed.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, D-Money said:

Avengers: Endgame - 4/10

What a sentimental snooze-fest. Not even Hulk is fun anymore. Fat Thor was alright, but the rest of the 3 hours was a chore.

I totally forgot about even seeing it.

What a great film :mellow:

Solo - 5.5/10

Better than I expected it would be. But still, completely unnecessary.

I’ve actually seen it 3 times now, I think. I enjoy it more and more every time. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, which is what Star Wars movies really should be. Fun. 

But this character is awful. As one reviewer I watch said in when L3 died, “I didn’t give a f**k when that stupid robot died.”

FBAAAD86-9AD2-472C-8375-4BA7CFADC720.jpeg

I Am Mother - 8/10

Watched this after seeing Hillary Swank at the Canucks game (it’s been on my list for a while, that jogged the memory). Absolutely loved it.  The visuals were outstanding, especially the robot called Mother. Raised numerous questions about technology and humanity. Was surprised to see after that the reviews were so mixed.

I really liked this movie, as well. Swank fell off the face of the planet for such a long time. Was reminded how good of an actress she is in what was a thoroughly entertaining film.

parasite: 8.5/10. was skeptical about this one after being bored to death by other hyped korean movies. this one actually delivers imo. really has it all - totally bizarre, great sets, great acting, funny dialogue, shocking violence, has a message

Terminator Dark Fate

7.5/10

I'm shocked by the lack of the support this movie is getting, but goes to show the past 3 films really hurt this franchise. But this is a good movie in my opinion, it's based on after the 2nd Terminator Judgment Day, so it eliminates the last 3 films. So people who grew up watching Terminator 1 and 2 will probably enjoy this one, but the generation of people who grew up watching the past 3 movies probably won't like this one because it has nothing to do with those films. This movie gives closure in a way finally to the one and only T-800 Arnold Schwarzenegger, but also leaves the door open for something down the road if they want to do this franchise ever again.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Upvote 2

In the Tall Grass

Yet another Stephen King movie, this one straight to Netflix, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. 1922 and Gerald’s Game we’re both straight to Netflix movies based on Stephen King books, and both were really good.

This was actually a collaboration between King and his son, Joe Hill (who has also made a name for himself with successful books and graphic novels).

The idea is pretty interesting, but the execution isn’t the greatest. The filmmaker, who wrote and directed Cube, tried his best. The ending was underwhelming. It’s a skip.

20C612D5-66FC-4C87-8A57-E76E63DD18BC.jpeg