The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rate The Last Movie You Saw - 2

Kass9

15 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Parasite: 8.5/10

The first half of the movie had me thinking this was going to be the best movie of the year for me. The second half was good. Some people argued it was the best part of the movie... but for me it took away from the characters/story I was most interested in seeing. This movie might have been a 9 if the first half wasn't a 10.

bummed I wasnt able to get to this one when it came through our local theater.  definitely on my list

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Fun fact: Durst’s movie “The Fanatic” has a lower Metascore (17) than any Limp Bizkit album.

Been wanting to watch it for a few months, now. Although, I don’t think anything can beat the RLM review.

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, Monty said:

Going to spend some time to think about what my favourite films from 2010-2019, were. Know for sure what some are.

I've been reading through a lot of these lists 

Social Network is near the top of many, if not most, of them. Feel like I should give that a rewatch

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

I've been reading through a lot of these lists 

Social Network is near the top of many, if not most, of them. Feel like I should give that a rewatch

I’ve got my list pretty much nailed down. Just want to see Parasite, Uncut Gems, and The Witch again (as I forget most of it) before I put it down.

But yeah, The Social Network is absolutely in my list. Easily my favourite David Fincher movie, too.

Just back from Rise of Skywalker

Went in with very low expectations after TLJ.

Don't really know what to say. Quite the cluster&^@# of nonsense had to be cleaned up in this movie. 

The movie had very good pacing and well paced humour. The action and effects were solid. The story was.....well there was too much to fix so I'm not sure what to say.

And damn.......that was Keri Russell :wub: 

Got a funny feeling I might be more critical when I watch it again.

Edited by Shift-4

On 12/20/2019 at 1:02 AM, BCNeil said:

Much better than the last one.............no spoilers...but wtf happened to Rose?

Is she transitioning to a male sumo?

I don't actually think she's that bad looking.  It's Rian Johnson who had her dressed up in a potatoe sack and made up to look fairly ugmo.

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Don't really know what to say. Quite the cluster&^@# of nonsense had to be cleanup up in this movie. 

The movie had very good pacing and well paced humour. The action and effects were solid. The story was.....well there was too much to fix so I'm not sure what to say.

The more I’ve thought of the movie, the more it gives me an enormous headache.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Shift-4 said:

Don't really know what to say. Quite the cluster&^@# of nonsense had to be cleanup up in this movie. 

Probably too much to expect alot from just one movie to 'end the trilogy' while retcon-ing the previous movie.  I'd rate it better than the Last Jedi but that isn't much of an accomplishment.

On 12/28/2019 at 4:47 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

The Irishman

x/10

My god, is it a long movie. "I've got 3 1/2 hours to watch this. No problem." After grabbing food and rewinding a few times - 4 hours and I've still got an hour left. 

I'm on a very similar viewing schedule.  Might try and squeeze in another hour this week.

uncut gems: 8.5/10. the movie is over 2 hours and manages to sustain tension almost throughout. dragged in one or two scenes, which feel extra long because there's just so much shouting in the movie. wasn't big on the soundtrack, but by the end the movie felt super good

sandler is a young pacino here, and he 100% sells his character

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Monty said:

I have this in my queue. Still haven’t seen it.

Also, just waiting to see Uncut Gems and Parasite before I put the list down. Not sure if either will make it or not.

Yeah both of those are on my list to see as well.  I also feel bad for leaving Fincher/social network off the list but as good as it was I didn't feel like I was entertained as much as others.

I haven't watched animal kingdom since it was released but at the time I loved it.  Michod is a good Director.  Just don't expect anything uplifting lol.  The King on Netflix features a lot of actors that were in AK as well.  

Honorable mentions that didn't make it:

Leviathan (RUS)

Bullhead (Belgium)

Ex Machina