1. "heard from others" who? Buddies?
2. Doesn't make any sense. Yes Subban is terrific but why would we trade for him, our defense isn't our biggest concern, short or long term, center is both short and long term.
3. If a trade with Fla happens, why wouldn't we take Huberdeau? That makes sense to me...
4. Therefore, your trade sounds a bit too much like buddies at the bar
1) Just talk going on in a rink from someone related to a guy in the NHL. Said that the relation got a text from Subban saying he was heading west.
2)I agree that defense is no where near our biggest concern. So bringing in Subban is questionable with our current top 4 defencemen who are now all locked up long term. However, if Luo really wants to go to Florida this might be the best player available that we can get. If this is the case, I would be happy to get Subban in the blue and green. People say there is no such thing as too many good dman for a team.
3) I completely agree that I would personally rather have Huberdeau. However Gillis might not. for two reasons: 1) He has a BAD expierence in the past from having too many centers fighting for the two spots available in the top 6. The obvious answer is to move a player to the wing but this just did'nt work in our past expierence with Hodgson in my opinion. 2) Our window of oppertunity to win. Subban has a little more expierence in the big league and therefore could possibly give us a better chance to win in some people's opinion.
4) I am very happy that you accuse me of being in a bar. At least this means your not accusing me of being a young child (which I'm not to clarify)
In conclusion, I am by no means saying that this deal will happen. Just that I heard it from a potential (unreputable) source. I just posted it for the good discussion that you have produced. I would personally be happy to get Subban but question its validabilty for the same reasons that you have suggested.
Edited by Saskatchewan Canucks Fan, 23 January 2013 - 04:48 PM.