The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 4.0

Kessel has been great for them. If the Leafs had just been a bit better, or a team behind them won the draft lottery, it wouldn't have been so horrendous.

But as it turned out, there were two franchise-type players available that draft, and Leafs were terrible enough to let Boston get one of them. I doubt anybody thought they would be THAT bad.

WOW! Cox vs Botchford. Battle of the titans! LOL. Man do these guys represent!

I think we should completely call Cox's moronic bluff.

We agree with you Cox. Luongo would be only be a band aid. Your team is fundamentally built on sand.

We are going to do you a favour - you are hereby excluded, for your own good, from the Luongo bidding.

I mean really, if I were the Leafs GM and my first task were to make a list of untouchables before I begin with the tear it down rebuild, I don't have one GD name on that list. What Leaf is indispensable? Not one.

The Leafs have a few good players that are worth their paydays.

Grabovski. Beyond him, the other players I would consider the most solid two way players on that team are both UFAs and LWs - Lupul and MacArthur...

Any way you look at it, that's just a sad hockey club. Phaneuf and Kessel are the last cornerstone players I'd want - I can't think of a single team in the NHL that doesn't have a pair of players I would much rather have.

If the rumour that the Leafs were willing to part with Gardiner and Kadri were true - my question would be how does a little finesse blueliner improve the Canucks? Only a few of the worst Leafs faced weaker competition last year - only one Leaf had a high percentage of offensive zone starts - and he still wasn't particularly impressive. Kadri is another guy who imo simply will not make the Leafs a better team, let alone the Vancouver Canucks.

The Leafs should keep the best of the worst and start the rebuild.

Huh, what's that? It's too late? They should have done that five years ago, whereas now the paperbaggers wouldn't tolerate yet another string of hopeless seasons of missing the playoffs.

Hey Cox. You're the team that is stuck between the rock and a hard place. Your lowball talk is sheer idiocy lol!

The Canucks are the team 'stuck' with two of the top 20 - at worst - goaltenders in the league - and one of the best rosters in the NHL - one that anything you have to offer scarcely improves...

Forget Luongo - it's a waste of time for both sides.

Next.

Schroeder, Bryzgalov, Brandon Manning & a Philly first to Columbus; Flyers pay half Bryzzy's salary.

Lou and Ballard to Flyers.

Voracek and Ryan Johansan to the Canucks.

:bigblush:

Been thinking the same. Wouldn't be surprised if we're all:

Crab_jawdrop.jpg

...when it all goes down.

Good post; but there is some hidden value.

Gardiner can carry the puck; for all the "good first pass out of the zone" guys we have, every now and again we certainly miss Erhoff's ability to lug the puck. That's what value Gardiner has! Unless Barker can do it (probably why we took on the risk), don't you hate those Edler drop passes to gain the zone on the PP when a guy potentially can deliver us to the (promised) offensive zone? Perhaps a guy who can put the puck on his stick and relieve defensive pressure, or break the trap?

I'd move Lou for Gardiner and Kadri; it would also give us an ELC contract to replace Ballard whom could be moved elsewhere.

I mean really, if I were the Leafs GM and my first task were to make a list of untouchables before I begin with the tear it down rebuild, I don't have one GD name on that list. What Leaf is indispensable? Not one.

The Leafs have a few good players that are worth their paydays.

Grabovski. Beyond him, the other players I would consider the most solid two way players on that team are both UFAs and LWs - Lupul and MacArthur...

If the rumour that the Leafs were willing to part with Gardiner and Kadri were true - my question would be how does a little finesse blueliner improve the Canucks? Only a few of the worst Leafs faced weaker competition last year - only one Leaf had a high percentage of offensive zone starts - and he still wasn't particularly impressive. Kadri is another guy who imo simply will not make the Leafs a better team, let alone the Vancouver Canucks.

Next.

Archived